Author Topic: Concerning Fortifications  (Read 137 times)

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
Concerning Fortifications
« on: September 01, 2017, 12:16:54 PM »
Hey could I suggest a change in the way fortifications work in the game, in that as much as it's really cool to have fortified settlements, it's not as cool when those same fortifications work against towns the player already owns. And as much as it makes sense that Elyssia can bypass them, it's also a little strange that she doesn't take the same penalty when stepping on a fortified town owned by the player.

So here's what I suggest:

When someone plays Pallisade Walls or take a fortified city (either made by Elyssia or the City State King's Dec), that player does not take the 2AP penalty when moving into that tile, rather they play as normal. The penalty would only take effect if the player does not own the city.

Bombadier
Trickery (uncommon)
Cost: 3 or 4 gold.
Symbol: Sword (or Sun)
Play to: Settlement
Effect: Destroys fortifications from a settlement. (Includes Palisade Walls, Elyssia's fortifications, and the above Wyld's Ward)
Alternate Effect (if played to Mountain): Removes 1 movement cost from mountains (for 1 turn?)
At the same time, Elyssia should have an easy time going through fortified settlements she owns, but the settlement penalty should apply to her once the territory is taken from her.

Second:

There should be cards that can counter fortifications as they are. I've suggested the Bombadier Trickery Card over at the Card Suggestion Archive, but here it is again:

Bombadier
Trickery (uncommon)
Cost: 2 or 3 gold
Symbol: Sword (or Sun)
Play to: Settlement, Mountain
Effect: Destroys fortifications from a settlement. (Includes Palisade Walls, Elyssia's fortifications, and Stone Wards)
Alternate Effect (if played to Mountain): Removes 1 movement cost from mountains (for 1 turn?)

Though in hindsight, I admit Incite Revolt works similarly as it removes all but Elyssia's Fortifications. So it could be possible to just have the same card work on Fortifications as well.

If the above two aren't possible, could the fortifications work similarly to both Patronage and Industry and Stone Wards in that they are only removed when the settlement is terrorized instead?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:25:51 PM by Wessolf27 »
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums