Author Topic: Something to incentivize magic/wit builds online?  (Read 241 times)

air6ornepig

• View Profile
Something to incentivize magic/wit builds online?
« on: August 29, 2017, 04:55:42 PM »
Currently, the only reliable ways to earn stars are: victory, participation, and 'defeating' non-AI players. However, I noticed that last game I only earned the participation badge (contender) despite killing two players using magic. What this tells me is that I can only earn stars for killing players in a dice battle. Doesn't this make fight builds a little too valuable? Why would I want to build a wit and/or spirit build if I know I have a shot at 3 extra stars with Sylas or Thane just going around killing each player once?

I think magic-based or trickery-based kills should award that star, is what I'm saying. Admittedly that does seem too easy, so maybe it could be factored somehow, like a star for 3 card-based kills. Or 2 card-based kills on the same character would meet a normal defeat condition. Then playing non-fight characters wouldn't feel so pointless before you've unlocked everything.

PS. I also think we should stop using the word "defeat" in the rulebooks/wikis because it's too ambiguous of a term. I've seen it used to describe:
-Losing a battle (defeating character in battle w/o killing it)
-Losing a game (defeating players by winning)
-Killing a unit in battle
-Killing a unit out of battle
What I'm saying is that the "defeat" condition to earn a star isn't made clear to the player. This is something I would've liked to know sooner.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Something to incentivize magic/wit builds online?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:29:39 AM »
The defeat condition means "win the game" it has no bearing on character kills.  So if you win, you get 3 defeat stars (even if they AI replace), and the 1 victory, 1 participation.  If you lose you only get the 1 participation.