Author Topic: Opinions on the state of Rot as of 1.9?  (Read 338 times)

Ringgar

• I Love Armello, and I love you!
    • View Profile
Opinions on the state of Rot as of 1.9?
« on: August 23, 2017, 08:02:50 AM »
So, I've heard it said multiple times through these forums that as of 1.8, Rot victories were still not an enticing way to go, unless you got lucky with draws, quests, etc. Well, now that we have two new cards, both of which help counter the main drawback of rot (losing health at dawn), where does this leave rot now?

The cards in question:
Steam: Ringgar

Fluffhead

• View Profile
Re: Opinions on the state of Rot as of 1.9?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 09:44:26 AM »
I think getting enough rot was very doable even before this.  You can increase rot first by dying to banes and then by defeating them, doing quests and getting those options when you step in stone circles (anyone know when that is triggered?).  The game also suggests in the loading screen that you can purposely hoodwink yourself to re-equip all your rot equipments for a quick boost of possibly 3 or more.  You can purposely fail other perils that give rot (like the one that gives poison especially if you have immunity).  With the follower that gives you more spells when you play perils your chances of rot cards is better as well.  Having high wit and finding strategic ways to empty your hand  is probably the most effective way to increase your ability to go rot.  Nice to have some new cards though!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 02:35:42 PM by Fluffhead »

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
Re: Opinions on the state of Rot as of 1.9?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 01:14:16 AM »
The important question is not "is rot doable?" but rather "why should I go for rot when other options are available?".  Right now I think rot is in a good spot where it may not be the most doable victory from the get-go but rather a sort of safety net if you get killed early by banes or get bombarded by rot-cards.