Author Topic: Multiplayer Game Notification  (Read 183 times)

KatiferDragonite

• View Profile
Multiplayer Game Notification
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:13:34 AM »
Hi all, I've been thinking about a simple modification that could be made to the multiplayer queue function. I think it would be great if there were a loud ping or similar to notify players when the multiplayer queue is filled and we move onto the confirmation stage. Since I'm in an uncommon timezone often the queue is quite slow to fill, but I can't really do anything else while I'm waiting because the little unfurling scroll noise is too quiet for me to hear if I'm not right there looking at my computer. I feel like this is happening to other people as well - often when the queue is slow you get people who have been waiting for a while not confirming that they're ready when it finally does fill, because they've gone to do something else and don't notice that four players have been found.

Does anyone else feel like this is a problem? LoG, would this be easy to implement?

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Game Notification
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 09:29:44 PM »
I support this one. As much as you sorta get an alert from the way the icon flashes on the start menu or you sorta hear the sound of paper, it's not really all too noticeable if you're not paying too much attention. It'd be good to have a small chime to alert players.
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer Game Notification
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
Feedback well noted! We'll take a look and see if improvements can easily be made.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy