Author Topic: some armello headcanons!  (Read 244 times)

Wirt

• you can crank it, and you can eat it
    • View Profile
some armello headcanons!
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:36:46 AM »
this is mostly what i joined the board for: to share headcanons!

now im a huge lore nerd but im also not very observant sometimes so bear with me LOL

okay here we go

1. the clans are groups of various species, but not all similar ones

my only exception to this one would be the rabbit clan being almost entirely burrowers.  the rabbit clan are essentially the dwarves of armello so it makes sense that all under their banner also spend most of their lives underground.  this can also include some families of rats, but the majority of rats are in the rat clan. 

ferrets, bats, opossums, and coyotes tend to make up the rat clan, as the overarching theme there is trickery and crime.  in various folklore, coyotes are typically trickster spirits, and i think that could mesh well with the rest of the rat clan.

the wolf clan, admittedly, is mostly wolves and dogs, but also includes many smaller cats!  smaller wildcats, domestic cats, and some mid-size cats too, like pumas and snow leopards.  this clan also includes lions, as they are social by nature

the bear clan, centered around the soul and balance with the wyld, is made up from all types of creatures.  i headcanon that feasibly any creature could join the bear clan, if they were devoted to the wyld.  notable populations include bears, large solitary cats (tigers, leopards, etc), deer, elk, caribou, and moose.

2. the possibility of other countries, or societies outside of the kingdom of armello

while im sure each clan has its own territory and cities(given that there have been mentions of clan capitals), i think there would also be neighboring countries.  im not too sure what these nations might be made up of, population-wise, but ive noticed that armello itself tends to be mostly inhabited by mammals, but there are reptiles and amphibians as well, though in small amounts.  maybe the reptiles and amphibians are from other countries and immigrated to armello?  what if theres an avian nation?  the possibilities are endless!

3. misc. headcanons

these are smaller, more personal headcanons that im not keen on debating, and they contain some possibly sensitive subjects.  just know that these are just my personal onion and im not going to force them on you.  i wont do that with any of my headcanons, but i feel the need to specify with this set

sargon is mute
thane is a trans guy
sylas has major ptsd
horace is gay
scarlet is nonbinary, and also suffers from ptsd
the stranger has no gender.  their gender died a long time ago when they should have
magna is a trans woman, and is also probably a lesbian
sana is also a trans woman, and is aromantic/asexual
barnaby, somehow, doesnt actually grasp the full weight of the power struggle in armello.  hes just there to kick ass and have a good time.  hes not a very effective leader
tail jewelry is in fashion.  any non-bear clan bear or other stumpy-tailed/tail-less animal is jealous

4. shipping!

i lowkey really ship zosha and amber is that wrong >>;
i also friend-ship (haha geddit) thane and the stranger
magna having a little crush on sana is so cute to me
mercurio probably has a thing for zosha but zosha would murder him if he tried

so thats about it!  id love to hear some of yalls headcanons too! :D
major memer
confess to me

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: some armello headcanons!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 09:19:38 PM »
1 and 2 are basically actual canon, except that there is no bird society because LoG doesn't like the drop where wingfeathers become fingers somehow.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:37:39 AM »
I'm going to shy away from any of them being trans because that stuff just confuses the hell outta' me, even trying to understand it gives me a headache.  But as far as shipping goes, the one I tend towards the most is Thane/Amber.  But I also have a headcanon about Sana and Brun being an older married couple.  And Mercurio/Zosha and Scarlet/Horace.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

Across-The-Board

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 01:41:00 AM »
My main headcanon is that the religion of Armello is strongly scandinavian/icelandic in nature. The ideal nature is stoicism and bravery in the face of danger and a good king is foremost seen as generous and wise (in the sense of knowing a lot about the world´s hidden magical lore). 

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »
My idea about Armello's society is that it's largely based on Medieval Europe. with the exceptions that  female parties of every caste are equal to their male counterparts and largely treated no differently.

The Great Clans are what makes Armello unique, I believe.  Not only are the Great Clans granted autonomy and live in relative peace with the Central land and each other by default but each clan is comprised of four different tribes each with a different culture based off real-world cultures in history.  Just as an example, while the Bear Clan fills the role of clergymen the Ox Tribe, who are part of the Bear Clan, have a nomadic culture similar to Native Americans.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"