Author Topic: v1.9 From Below Feature Reveal - Clan Dice  (Read 477 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
v1.9 From Below Feature Reveal - Clan Dice
« on: August 16, 2017, 12:01:20 PM »
This is a feature reveal for the upcoming Armello update, v1.9 From Below. You can find the update hub here.

Welcome Armello family!

Here we have the first feature of v1.9 From Below, Clan Dice! We’re starting with a quaint feature first just to warm up. From now onwards, completing each episode of the Prologue will reward you with the relevant Clan dice. As such, there are a set for each of the Great Clans of Armello; Bear, Rat, Wolf and Rabbit.

For new players, this means they are rewarded for their valiant efforts in the prologue, introducing them to rewards they can expect to earn in online play. Additionally, with the introduction of Clan Dice new players and offline players get access to an additional flare of customizability. Please note that even though these are Clan Dice, any hero can use any dice, so Mercurio could use the Wolf Clan Dice if he so chooses (traitorous rat…).

For our dear Armello players who are experienced far beyond the likes of our prologue, this means you will be granted four new dice skins immediately on the launch of v1.9. Skins for all!

These won’t be the only dice to come out alongside v1.9, as Skeeve has “obtained” some Premium Dice from each of the clans that will be hitting the store alongside the Rot and Royal dice.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy and the LoG Squad
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:14:51 PM by Darcy Smith »

Stray

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: v1.9 From Below Feature Reveal - Clan Dice
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 08:24:40 AM »
As someone who loves to match her dice to her clan, this is great! I love that they those rough edges and the borders on them instead of just being solid colors. Can't wait to see them on the clan backgrounds. :D

Great idea to give new players some customization as well. Can't wait for the rest of the reveals! Hype intensifies for Rot updates.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 02:08:44 AM »
Will there be Bandit Dice?  And how would we obtain them?
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »
There are already Bandit Dice with the DLC pack

DeathAndPain

• View Profile
Game Stability
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »
The patch is nice and all, but rather than new sounds and features I would prefer game stability to be addressed. Just had to exit yet another multiplayer game I was winning because nothing happened anymore after another player left the game.  :'(

In the main menu, the item "Invite friends" always yields "The matchmaking system is unavailable" to me. However, I can play multiplayer games, and friends can successfully invite me to their multiplayer games, so it can hardly be my connection (which is, by the way, an "Exposed host" direct internet connection over IPv4, so I do not even have any firewalling or NAT stuff that could get in the way. No firewalling/ IT security software on my PC either).

I really like Armello, but from a game that is five years old you should expect that multiplayer networking works stable and reliable. Compare that to, say, Battle.net: There you can switch your IP in the middle of a game (because your ISP reconnects) and the Starcraft game will continue after a few seconds of hanging as if nothing had happened.

So please, be professional! Prioritize stabilily over new features!