Author Topic: Combats Suggestion Thread  (Read 1115 times)

Combat

• Backer
  • Come on, does this look dangerous to you?!
    • View Profile
Combats Suggestion Thread
« on: September 14, 2014, 04:28:54 AM »
I noticed there were a few other suggestions threads so thought i'd add anything that comes to my mind in here;

It would be handy to have some sort of pause function or slow effect when another character moves within a square of you

There is a particular cards this becomes useful for which is the throwing axe item, there are a number of times that an ai opponent moves to attack me and I want to use the axe on them just before the battle, but they move so quickly that I can't activiate the card before they have engaged me

I wonder if there would be some sort of way to either pause the game to use a card like this or ask the player who's space it is that has been moved into if they would like to play a card before the combat begins?

Once an item or spell has been selected it appears the "magical swirl" animation needs to complete before the item or spell can be activated on the hex, this can be too slow during the opponents turns to preempt movement

The other suggestion I currently have is regarding the amount of the map that is shown at once, I would find it useful if it was possible to zoom out more than is currently available to be able to get a wider overview of the movements of the "pieces" on the board, with all the movement that can happen on a turn I can miss where a particular character ran to, especially at night if they move quickly into a Forrest and disappear before I can find where they were in the first place

Lucas

• Backer
  • Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
    • FurAffinity
Re: Combats Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:10:26 AM »
Actually, I tried that being ready and it seems like you cannot play certain cards during another player's turn. Granted it was a Plague card, but I think that it is intentional design. 

As for the viewing, yes zooming iut would be nice, but part of the gameplay I enjoy is when you can move quick to vanish into the night (makes being stealthed really worth it, and besides if you take a moment to drag cards over tiles, you can easily find a hidden opponent.) :3

SpiritFox

• Backer
  • All hail the Wolf Queen!
    • View Profile
Re: Combats Suggestion Thread
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 02:03:47 PM »
I like the idea of a further zoom out option.

It would also be nice if the character information tab had an option to either slot cards (partially out) or immediately go full screen so I can view everything at a glance. Current click and drag is a little annoying on the PC, although I suppose if its on a tablet or other touchscreen device it wouldn't be quite as much a handful
“Some people care too much. I think it's called love.”