Author Topic: Lots of Bullies Lately  (Read 357 times)

JaguarFires

• View Profile
Lots of Bullies Lately
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »
I used to really enjoy playing Armello, but lately I keep getting games with major bullies. I try to be friendly saying hello as soon as I get into game, and apparently that is painting some sort of target on my back because multiple times I have one or two players that pick me exclusively to pick on the entire game. I don't see this a lot happen to others so I don't know if it is because I'm high level so they think I'm a threat? I could understand this if I was being a jerk, or if I attacked them first, but I've tried being a bully back, I've tried being nice, I've tried giving them buffs and asking for a peace treaty and nothing works. It is absolutely no fun when the entire game someone chooses to pick on you 90% of the time for no reason.  This last game the other players started to laugh and poke fun at me to add insult to injury. I've had others join in so then there are three picking on me, and by the end of them game I've hardly gotten to my second quest thanks to being constantly killed and sabotaged.

I'm seriously considering quitting this game for good over this it happens so often. There is an environment yeah you are going to get perils around you, your going to sabotage other players. But getting sabotaged from day 1 to the very end day every time they get cards that much just makes for a really unhappy game.

I don't know what to do about it, all I can see is quitting early to save 30 minutes more grief unfortunately. It's a shame because I have all the expansions and used to play it daily that I have almost 200 hours and it was my relaxation when I'm stuck at home with serious health issues. Now its a great place to go if I hate myself.  :'

Before people start saying I'm overreacting. There has been multiple games I'm way way behind, someone is about to win and they choose to sabotage me and let the other person win the game. I play another game that is considered to have a highly toxic environment but at least there I can mute them and have a chance of winning.

I want to keep playing, but I don't know what to do anymore other then just quit. I'm afraid to use the dialogue as it might draw attention to me, I'm afraid to attack anyone or do anything because ruthless constant onslaught of sabotage ruins the entire game. One time I actually buffed someone to try to be friendly and then the rest of the game they decided they should focus me the rest of it as an enemy. I shared the prestige boost per turn which imo is one of the best in the game and I became public enemy number one to only them for some reason. Not the other players, the player I helped. This isn't a few times punishment this is entire game punishment. This is ridiculous.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Lots of Bullies Lately
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »
Heyo JaguarFires, that's a bummer to hear! You may have better luck trying to find private multiplayer games in the community discord or on the forums or whatever! That was you can verify that the people you're playing with are your kind of players.

Hope you work it out!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

sarahdeaton

• View Profile
Re: Lots of Bullies Lately
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 11:53:52 PM »
like i said before...its a game of wits...i won many games where 2  or 3 ppl of the same guild wanna ganged up on me....its using tactics and keep your wits about u.  and i love it still. ..yes, u win some and u lose some......and when i am losing..i make sure i give them hell of a fight....LOL.