Author Topic: Suggested Entity - Wyld Shades  (Read 774 times)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Suggested Entity - Wyld Shades
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:32:47 AM »
A glowing blue silhouette of a non-present Hero has a chance of appearing at a Stone Circle tile.  They can appear every dawn and are hostile towards Guards, Banes, and corrupted Heroes.  The game starts with their spawn rate at 20% and increases by that amount for every Hero that becomes corrupted.   Attacking and killing one has a coin-flip chance of increasing your Rot by 1.  Getting killed by one while corrupted will drop your Rot by 1.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested Entity - Wyld Shades
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 11:14:12 AM »
Hey CrazyBob!

Do you feel that the map has a lack of NPCs? I'm not sure if adding a new entity to the board would be a good thing at this rate but I'm interested to hear what people think.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 04:11:22 AM »
I thought this would make things a bit more chaotic on the map and since I'm usually playing by myself, in my mind, there's always room for a more chaotic match.  Maybe they could be an optional thing?  Under house rules or something.

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »
Hey CrazyBob!

Do you feel that the map has a lack of NPCs? I'm not sure if adding a new entity to the board would be a good thing at this rate but I'm interested to hear what people think.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

While there are a number of NPCs, they tend to be hypothetical. The Follower cards, the quest-givers, the occasional Apocathary or goblins.

Someone on the board once suggested a wandering merchant you could buy items from or attack. I've always felt like this is a pretty cool idea that might merit exploration!

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 07:01:10 AM »
I'd love and additional way to remove Rot, and a more dangerous NPC than guards and Banes would be cool in my book.

LunarFrost

• I'm just here, you're welcome to say hi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 03:36:00 PM »
I'd love and additional way to remove Rot, and a more dangerous NPC than guards and Banes would be cool in my book.

Banes being dangerous is simply up to RNG. All they have is dice. No equips.

King's Guards right now are punishing. They are extremely dangerous early-mid game and I still would like to avoid fights with them late game just because of what they've been rolling lately.

So, in my opinion having another NPC, especially one(s) that is/are more dangerous is a no-go for me.
I'm the guy that genuinely looks forward to change and when nothing changes, I worry.

I also like reasonable debates.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 04:13:46 PM »
Banes being dangerous is simply up to RNG. All they have is dice. No equips.

King's Guards right now are punishing. They are extremely dangerous early-mid game and I still would like to avoid fights with them late game just because of what they've been rolling lately.

So, in my opinion having another NPC, especially one(s) that is/are more dangerous is a no-go for me.
Wyld Shades would be dangerous in the same sense as a Bane but if you're trying to play pure, they'll try to avoid conflicting with you.  They become aggressive towards you when you're Corrupted.

Unlike other dedicated NPCs, my line of thought with them is that they're optional.  They only appear in custom matches when they're turned on.  They can be turned on in addition to Banes or to make things a bit harder for Rot players INSTEAD of Banes.

This is actually one of my half-joke suggestions that I don't honestly expect anyone to take seriously but it does make me happy that people feel so strongly about it.  With respect to everyone's opinions on the matter.