Author Topic: Hero Injury animations upon losing a majority of health.  (Read 386 times)

McBabysweets

• View Profile
Hero Injury animations upon losing a majority of health.
« on: August 01, 2017, 04:45:16 PM »
So, I was thinking that it would be cool if the heroes, after losing a majority of their health for any reason, could be displayed on the board as visibly suffering from the injuries they sustained. Perhaps slightly bending down and holding a shoulder (such as the way Thane does in the introductory cinematic for the base game upon defeating brigands in the snow). Each character having their own unique animation. I think it would add flavor in the same way that the King's death animations and audio sounds were updated to reflect the type of victory condition achieved by a player.

I suppose the threshold for each hero could be the loss of a majority of their health before the injury animation kicks in. Once the hero's health is restored beyond that threshold, then the injury animation will cease and the hero's normal posture can then resume.

I know it may seem silly but its the little quality of life things like that that really stand out for me as a player.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

noelwym

• View Profile
Re: Hero Injury animations upon losing a majority of health.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 12:41:30 PM »
That'd be aesthetically impressive. I love it!