Author Topic: More information on death  (Read 2295 times)

Laughing Lick

• Backer
  • Ah bubble tea.. my sweet captor~
    • View Profile
    • My Online Portfolio
More information on death
« on: September 13, 2014, 04:23:27 PM »
I've had a couple of moments in the game where I've been following the other heroes during their turn- and then suddenly I'm starting off my turn back at the base with no idea how it happened.

It gave me the thought that perhaps it would be cool to get more feedback when your hero is killed- maybe even a rundown of what sources dealt you damage or a fight recap. Another idea would be to have a message that appears separate to the box at the bottom, just momentarily to say whenever someone defeats or deals damage to someone else. Perhaps the messages down the bottom could be in different colours so you could easily pick out which ones were people dying.
Bubble Tea is Fleeting, Armello is Forever

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Re: More information on death
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 05:12:25 PM »
I like this idea A Lot! I could be wrong but if they code in c# all they would have to do is a short if else script printing integers :)

( I could be really wrong though :P )

TrickFoxx

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:13:20 AM »
I agree.  For games in general, players need to be very well informed about anything that directly affects them.  Especially if it affects them significantly.  Even a simple pop-up that says something like, "You were killed" is incredibly valuable for communicating such events to the player.

Ty Carey

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 11:13:35 AM »
Game communications are a little slack right now - soon you'll see the actual cards that are played to you coming up on-screen, along with camera moves to critical events (like being killed).

Great suggestions too - keep it up guys this kind of thing is super helpful.
Ty

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 02:35:07 AM »
Yeah. I'm no UI expert but the manner in which information was delivered and what kind of sense could be made of it has seemed lacking so far.

Trent Kusters

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »
Update on this: You can expect to see some clearer death comms (and comms in general) in an upcoming build. Maybe two or three away. :D

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 08:01:17 PM »
Update on this: You can expect to see some clearer death comms (and comms in general) in an upcoming build. Maybe two or three away. :D

Ahh yes but the question is, without being to pushy... how long between builds ?

AndrewG73

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 05:14:51 PM »
I've found the same thing and have ended up maximising the event log at the bottom of the screen.

I thought it would be kind of cool to see cards as they are played by other players - whether played onto you, or to other heroes.
Perhaps the card pops up in front of the playing hero and moves to the hero, it is being played upon?
I realise this would potentially slow play a little, but it would be exactly the same as when playing a 'real' board game so would retain the feel.

Trent Kusters

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 06:19:44 PM »
Ahh yes but the question is, without being to pushy... how long between builds ?

We're doing weekly builds at the moment.  Also, you may want to check out this week's build. ;)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 02:29:03 PM »

We're doing weekly builds at the moment.  Also, you may want to check out this week's build. ;)

Yup I ha dnoticed the Thursday night release cycle :)
I haven't had a chance to play last week release (0.1.38) but am now very curious about whats in store for this Thursday night !