Author Topic: Bear Hanging Out Under The Wyld Tree  (Read 280 times)

Comaburr

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Bear Hanging Out Under The Wyld Tree
« on: July 24, 2017, 08:26:30 AM »
Hello Armellians,

I just started playing the game a few days ago and I stayed up until 5AM last night playing it. It's been a very long time since a game has compelled me to do that. I just had to play each of the original 8 heroes and get that amulet, though!

Anyway, I'm a 32 year old (in a few days) married gay dude in Oregon that is not only a big fan of board games and video games, but anthropomorphic art as well. The first time I heard Lisa Gerrard's haunting voice ring through my ears during the start up of the game, I knew it was going to be good. I heard about the game after it was already funded and then I saw it pop up again when Sony was putting out a poll to see which indie game would be put up on PS+ for free that month. I watched the video for Armello and was super excited to play it, but alas, some other game won the poll and I wasn't able to at the time. Deep into my Rainbow Six: Siege addiction and before my Overwatch obsession, I just told myself I'd try it out some other time.  Well, I picked it up during the Summer Sale on Steam and now, here I am.

This is just a stream of consciousness that I'm writing out while I hear the main menu music playing in the background beckoning me to come play, but I wanted to come on here and say 'hi' because I think the forums here will probably be my best shot at finding out more information about this game (information that's not on the Wiki, that is.)

If anyone's reading this that knows the answer to where I can find this fabled 4CD box set for the OST for the game, I would be delighted to find out. I assume that all of the copies have been sent out already to their respective owners, but I figured I'd give a shot at asking about it, anyway.  All I could find when searching for it was the collector's edition from Indiebox which looked very appealing, but I wanted to explore all my options first.

Well, I'm off to play some more... I'm sure I'll get the courage to try some online play soon and hopefully, it's just as fun or even more so than what I have experienced already.

Strength in Spirit,

Comaburr
Strength in spirit...

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Bear Hanging Out Under The Wyld Tree
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »
Welcome Commaburr!

The physical OST hasn't been sent out to our backers yet and it's unlikely that they will become publicly available at all, but regardless you can keep your finger on the pulse and you may find a backer who'll spare it!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Comaburr

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:44:13 PM »
Ah, I see. My Googlefu wasn't strong enough to find the answer so I appreciate the reply.

Also, thank you for being part of the team that made this incredible game.  Being a community manager (I assume that is one of your roles) is a tough job these days.  Take care!
Strength in spirit...

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 11:25:26 AM »
Hey thank you! I am the Community Manager for LoG so you'll likely see me around talking to folk about Armello and firing the internet cannons in many ways.

Please don't hesitate to hit me up if you need anything!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

PeppeSaso

• Chubby Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 04:32:03 PM »
Welcome nice big burr! :3

InariFox

• I'M A ADORABLE SMOL SNEAKY FOX!!! WATCH OUT!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »
Heya! Welcome to the forums burr!
|Follow me on Twitter:@TaosukeFox|Challenge me to Armello and add me on Steam:InariFox|
Armello Discord chat server(Now over 1000 members!): https://discord.gg/VubfUfM
I also play Bemani rhythm games, Overwatch & STGs!

Comaburr

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 01:51:36 PM »
Thanks all!  :)
Strength in spirit...