Author Topic: Surprised by Spirit Stone Victory???  (Read 515 times)

Neversummerdrew

• View Profile
Surprised by Spirit Stone Victory???
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:04:31 AM »
Woah!  I just won my first spirit stone victory and I was both shocked and disappointed!  I clearly did not understand what the spirit stone victory was because I thought you were curing the king with the spirit stones so that he could continue to rule as a wise and noble king (as he has done for a generation).  I didn't realize that the spirit stones would just kill him!  I am very disappointed!! I always saw the spirit stone victory as a - perhaps - slightly, logistically more complex way of winning, but one that was a more noble victory where you didn't have to assassinate the king.  I am disappointed that the only way to win this game now is, literally, for the king to die.

It would have been nice to have a non-king-murder/death victory condition and to allow the spirit stones to cure the king.  I am so horribly disappointed.  I guess I will just have to pretend.  :O(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:07:18 AM by Neversummerdrew »

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
Re: Surprised by Spirit Stone Victory???
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:15:43 AM »
Well, at least your intentions were good. Who could guess the rot was so deeply inbodied in the king that your healing ritual killed him?
Don't blame the Doc for the cure. I can tell.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:19:44 AM »
Unfortunately, the Wyld is not friendly to anyone who has the Rot, be it friend or foe. I mean, Corrupted folk are hurt whenever they step inside stone circles (and before that were instantly killed) and any Spirit Walker who was infected have to purge the Rot painfully from their system. The cards Ritual of the Wyld also bring to mind that it burns anything with the Rot too. So it is far from a benevolent force.
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums

Neversummerdrew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 10:28:07 AM »
Well, at least your intentions were good. Who could guess the rot was so deeply inbodied in the king that your healing ritual killed him?
Don't blame the Doc for the cure. I can tell.

Brilliant!

Neversummerdrew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:28:26 AM »
Unfortunately, the Wyld is not friendly to anyone who has the Rot, be it friend or foe. I mean, Corrupted folk are hurt whenever they step inside stone circles (and before that were instantly killed) and any Spirit Walker who was infected have to purge the Rot painfully from their system. The cards Ritual of the Wyld also bring to mind that it burns anything with the Rot too. So it is far from a benevolent force.

Thank you for the lore!  This was awesome!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »
Don't worry, The King might respawn... But where?!?!

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »

After getting his fur burned off his body by the power of the stones he might look a bit strange, don't you think? Or even stranger.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Comaburr

• Rawr
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 08:59:28 AM »

Let the wyld speculation begin... v2.0 The King is a playable character confirmed!  :P
Strength in spirit...