Author Topic: Additions to Overkill Mechanic  (Read 672 times)

SurefireTactics

• Armello Master
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Additions to Overkill Mechanic
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:23:20 PM »
Greetings everyone.

One of the features that has been mainly cosmetic for a very good portion of the game is the Overkill mechanic for when players deal extra damage to their opponents after killing them. Right now, the only cards that "take advantage" of it are Bloodthirst and Blood Money, however those cards only care about damage dealt and not necessarily overkills, so a 4 damage attack that takes a hero from 4 to 0 is the exact same as an overkill that goes from 1 to 0 with an extra 3 damage on top.

So why not add on some bonuses to getting overkills of each different tier? Perhaps some extra prestige for really destroying a hero/bane and not just dropping them down to zero could be a good start. After all, what better way to get the favour of the people than by utterly curbstomping a Traitor to the crown?

0-4 would be as normal
5-9 would give +1 prestige
10-14 would give +2
15+ would give +3

This could also be extended to Rot players as well, providing them with more health/rot upon getting overkills on different creatures would serve to greatly benefit them the most as they are the ones who are most likely to have the capability of dealing enough damage to realistically get to the higher tiers of overkill.

This could lend to some prestige competition to the Elyssias and Sargons that only lend themselves to repeatedly using one single type of card for their prestige growth, as more combat focused heroes could now have a healthy source of prestige that risks their lives instead of their gold pockets.

Please discuss the idea and let me know of pitfalls of the idea. Thank you

Happy Gaming <3
Surefire Tactics (AKA: Mister UPS Man)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 01:26:08 PM by SurefireTactics »

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Additions to Overkill Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 02:51:31 AM »
I've long requested some benefit to Overkilling to help balance the weapon/shield gear balance.  I Like your idea, and humbly resubmit my ideas for small HP regeneration on overkills.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 03:58:36 PM »
Rad suggestion! It's possible that we'll see some interesting overkill interactions moving forward, maybe not in this form but yeah!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 07:00:58 PM »
Great suggestion.

What if the "Overkill-Mechanic" would just add some prestige temporarily, like a bounty does? That means, once you achieve the simple overkill, you'd be entitled "Mighty" and given one prestige, the next step would be "Enraged" with +2 Prestige,  if you achieve "annihilation" you'll be "Hero of the people" and get +3 Prestige...

In any case you'll lose the additional prestige once you will be killed...since being killed due to rot, poison or another player isn't very prestigous.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Sir_Bertran

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 05:20:28 AM »
I like it!