Author Topic: Change Boast Dialog based on Hero status  (Read 452 times)

Stray

• Backer
    • View Profile
Change Boast Dialog based on Hero status
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:34:10 PM »
Some of us might remember before the Dialog rework that Heroes had 4 boasts: 1 for each win condition. I would love to see them used again, so I have a proposition: "Boast" changes based on the status of the Hero. If they are the Prestige Leader, they get the old "Prestige" boast. If they are a Spirit Walker, they get the old "Spirit Stone" boast, and of course if they are Corrupted, they get the old "Rot" boast. I think that Spirit Walker/Corruption boast should have higher priority than Prestige Leader (in the case that they are prestige leader and spirit walker or corrupted).

Might be too much of a pain to code, since I don't believe any other dialogs are based on conditions the Hero has, but it would be a cool thing to add!

Thought of this as a Rot Brun when I boasted and he said "I will rule with the Wyld as my guide." and thought it was quite ill-fitting!

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
Re: Change Boast Dialog based on Hero status
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »
I'd love to have back the old "warnings" as well...I liked them very much. Especially when playing with more unexperienced Armellians it helped to hint that somebody is trying to go for a spiritstone victory or tries to get rotten as soon as possible. AND they have been very flavourful.

"I sense the rot stirring."

I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 04:01:14 PM »
HMMM interesting suggestion Stray - we'll keep it in mind.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »
So I was wondering how the boast dialogue changes work, I mean, it's easy to see that being prestige leader, corrupted, or a spirit walker will change the boasts to prestige, rot, and spirit stone victory boasts respectively; but what about kingslayer victories? And would there also be one allotted as a neutral boast? (Like if for some reason, the hero has not achieved any of the conditions for any victories)

Would kingslayer boasts happen when the hero is inside the palace while not being under any of the three above conditions?

Along with that, it's still possible for a hero to achieve two of the three victory states (prestige and rot/spirit) which boasts would be prioritized in those cases?

I also remember there being an old suggestion here where the hero might simply proclaim victory automatically at the end of the game (or perhaps when they are confronting the king) and what they say would be dependent on the sort of victory they achieve. Would that also be an option?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:28:12 PM by Wessolf27 »
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums