Author Topic: King's Guard "Standing" Mechanic + Horace Change.  (Read 153 times)

LunarFrost

• Armello Tester
  • I'm just here, you're welcome to say hi.
    • View Profile
King's Guard "Standing" Mechanic + Horace Change.
« on: July 16, 2017, 09:39:03 AM »
So, everyone knows that King's Guards are either "Neutral" and  "Hostile" in Armello, so how about we have an "Ally" standing.

Now what would the "Ally" standing do? It would allow you to switch positions with the Guard if you want to go on their space.

"Isn't that Horace's passive?" (Horace suggestion later)

Yes it is and every hero has it IF they become an "Ally", but how do you make them your "Ally"?

You "bribe" them with a positive card like Brazenberry Ale , Regeneration, Wyld Weed, etc... without a bounty and that makes them your "Ally" for as long as the card is in effect.

"What if you have a bounty, do they still go after you even if you bribe them?"

They don't. Instead they are "Neutral" towards you and won't go after you at day, but you can't trade spots with them any more.

___

So, what change does Horace get? Well, Guards always have an "Ally" status with Horace even when he has a bounty. He never has to bribe guards to switch spots with them and he will never get attacked unless he's in the palace.

EDIT!!!

The only guards that can't be bribed OR have an "Ally" status is the Guard(s) that are defending the palace.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:04:02 AM by LunarFrost »
I'm the guy that genuinely looks forward to change and when nothing changes, I worry.

I also like reasonable debates.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: King's Guard "Standing" Mechanic + Horace Change.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:15:32 PM »
Interesting...

Teii

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 02:28:11 AM »
I've also thought playing beneficial cards to guards could use some sort of extra effect.  I always defaulted to prestige, but ally status is more interesting and helpful now that guards are more dangerous.  It would pretty much always be a fair price for the benefit just because you lose the chance to buff yourself.   Though I am confused about 3 things. How long does the status last?  Will Horace ever be attacked by guards? Do allied guards become neutral, hostile or stay allied if you gain a bounty?

The only real issues that I can think of are that false orders would need some sort of buff and less bounties would mean less chances to gain gold.  Though those aren't so much as issues with the mechanic as the mechanic highlighting issues the game already has.  False orders has been overdue for a buff, and the current sources of gold could use some tweaks.

LunarFrost

• Armello Tester
  • I'm just here, you're welcome to say hi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 05:01:29 AM »
Though I am confused about 3 things.

How long does the status last?

Will Horace ever be attacked by guards?

Do allied guards become neutral, hostile or stay allied if you gain a bounty?

1. For as long as the card is in affect.

2. No.

3. They are neutral.

I'm the guy that genuinely looks forward to change and when nothing changes, I worry.

I also like reasonable debates.