Author Topic: [PC/Windows] 'Random' Player Hero Death  (Read 1200 times)

Arimala

• Backer
    • View Profile
[PC/Windows] 'Random' Player Hero Death
« on: September 13, 2014, 10:10:29 AM »
Build Number: 

Platform:
PC/Windows 7 (Home Premium 64-bit)

Description:
I'm playing on Amber and ended her turn on a mountain tile. This was followed by Thane, who took one of Amber's settlements, Sana who went into combat with Mecurio (and died), and Mecurio who played a card to heal himself (Wyld Weed, I think) and moved to a tile adjacent to Amber's (I believe it was a plain). At this point, Amber died and was ported back to her starting tile even though there was no combat. No peril type cards appeared to have been played on her/her tile. Following this, a Bane attacked a King's Guard and a new one spawned. She had Hare's Halberd, Moon Scythe and Helm of Heroes equipped at the time, in case that helps.

Repro Steps:
I'm not sure. Maybe if you can get Amber on a mountain tile and Mecurio on an adjacent one? :E

Sorry if there was something I missed!

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: [PC/Windows] 'Random' Player Hero Death
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »
I had this happen to me last night as well. I reported it through the in game bug reporter. Was playing as Mercurio.

Tanekoden

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: [PC/Windows] 'Random' Player Hero Death
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 01:55:42 PM »
I remember playing a game and it seemed like I randomly died.  I believe that I was wounded at the time, so it may have been possible that the move played a damage spell on their turn and killed me without me knowing.  Considering the camera doesn't focus on where perils and spells are played, this could be likely.  I'd have to pay more attention to the action log to confirm.  Considering that you were on a mountain, it is likely you could have  been hit by thunderstorm spells.

Edit: If an npc was next to you, it could also been a throwing axe, or a combination of the two.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:11:57 PM by Tanekoden »