Author Topic: Prestige Gain with Serendbite Not Working.  (Read 258 times)

Jay Abaddon

• View Profile
Prestige Gain with Serendbite Not Working.
« on: July 13, 2017, 09:41:46 AM »

Build Number:  release/1.8.1-steam-p2#162

Platform: PC/Steam

Description: I have taken a kin to this game, it's absolutely brilliant and I love everything about it. I was recently playing a game as Sylas with Serendbite ring as an attempt to gain a prestige victory, everything was fine and I was killing guards left and right but it was getting late so I hoped off and got back on the next day ready to achieve said victory only to find out my first guard kill lost me prestige and my second guard kill gained 1 prestige and lost it immediately. I quickly recovered by slaying the King.

Repro Steps: Play Sylvas with Serendbite Ring and Scratch, Kill guards until killed by AI player (Brun axed me off with 10 fight but I killed him in the process) Leave game and come back next day loading it's save. after that just play normally it's how I played it.

Attachments: I wish I had taken screenshots at the time but I did not, Apoligies and I do sincerely love Armello and can't wait to finish the post to play more.

-Jay Abaddon

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Prestige Gain with Serendbite Not Working.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 05:02:15 PM »
Hey there Jay, the Serendibite ring is intended to negate the prestige loss that applies when killing guards. So if you kill a guard you should remain on the same prestige. Does that make sense?

<3 Darcy

• View Profile
Re: Prestige Gain with Serendbite Not Working.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:07:12 PM »
Just chiming in to explain in more detail. Serendibite does grant one Prestige when you kill a guard. Then the game immediately takes away one Prestige because you killed a guard (as per normal). So the net effect of killing a guard when you have Serendibite equipped is +1 Gold and +0 Prestige.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!