Author Topic: PS4 Controller not Showing Correct Layout on PC/Steam  (Read 673 times)

joaoamaral

• View Profile
PS4 Controller not Showing Correct Layout on PC/Steam
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »
--- Please check follow up message, thank you. ---

Build Number:

Build Date: 2017-07-06 11:14:12Z Build Id: Public-release/1.8.1-steam-p2#162 Commit Id: 191d2d46bb07f7cc9d86c67a347c6c38b91fc550

Platform:
Steam/PC, Steam/Mac, SteamLink

Description:
I can’t use PlayStation 4 Original Controller with
> Steam/PC (only works wired)
> SteamLink (doesn’t work wireless or wired)
> Steam/Mac (doesn’t work wireless, wired is not supported)

The controller works with Steam Big Picture and other games.

Reporting as a bug because it should be supported:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/290340/discussions/0/2592234299562990809/#c2592234299577019189

Repro Steps:
Launch Steam in Big Picture, Play Armello, Try PS4 Controller you will notice it is unresponsive.

Attachments:
Screenshot of Game when using Steam/PC with Wired PS4 Controller connected directly (it works perfectly)
Screenshot of Game when using Steam/Mac with Wireless/Bluetooth PS4 Controller (doesn’t work!) as an example the screen is same with other platforms (in Mac the background is black because of have the -no_video launch option and is running in windowed mode both are unrelated to this issue, I tested fullscreen and no launch option as well)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:05:40 AM by joaoamaral »

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Supported Controllers not Working (PC, Mac, SteamLink)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 04:15:41 PM »
Heyo joaoamaral,

We don't technically support Steamlink, so if it works in any capacity that's excellent - but we can't confirm that features will function correctly.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

joaoamaral

• View Profile
Re: Supported Controllers not Working (PC, Mac, SteamLink)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »
Hi Darcy!

Thank you so much for the reply.

Ah! Steam Link is not supported. Ok, I understand.

But it should work with Windows PC and Steam only (no SteamLink involved) and Original PlayStation 4  controller (using Bluetooth) for example. Right?

Connection with Bluetooth is done by pairing with Windows 10 directly and using Steam no other software involved correct? (It works with Steam Big Picture and other games).

Thank you for checking into this.

joaoamaral

• View Profile
PS4 Contoller not showing correct layout in PC
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 11:04:02 AM »
Hi, Darcy!

I understand now! It needs Steam Overlay to work with Wireless controller.
Somehow it was disabled only for Armello.

So I can control using PlayStation 4 Controller and connecting directly by Bluetooth or Wired. Thank you. Sorry about this.

The only thing I noticed that is strange is that it shows the Xbox controller scheme instead of the PlayStation 4 ones (it shows when the controller is connected by wired).

Please check Screenshots and their respective names.

Sorry again about this... at least I managed to find actually a bug. I hope. Maybe an easy fix? I haven't tested on a Mac yet.
I love this game, always recommending it to my friends. I hope we can get crossplay in the future. :)

Thank you again for the awesome again and support! Go! Go! League of Geeks! :D