Author Topic: Game won't load  (Read 487 times)

skinny_phil

• View Profile
Game won't load
« on: July 11, 2017, 04:14:46 PM »
Hello, apologies if this is in the wrong section however I couldn't find a specific support section. I received the game in the Humble Bundle and am desperate to play, however the game won't launch properly. I get past the initial screen then all I get is a black screen with audio and the hand-pointer mouse icon. I've attached the log below. Please help!

I'm running Windows 10 on an i5 with a GTX1060 3GB.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Game won't load
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »
Hey there skinny_phil,

There are a few potential workarounds/solutions for this, attempt to press Alt+Enter a few times is one.

For a proper fix, do your best to ensure your OS is completely up to date and Direct X is on the latest version too.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

skinny_phil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
I've just checked for and installed the latest updates for my OS. Direct X is up to date. I've tried ALT + Enter, which only seems to cycle between fullscreen and windowed. None of that has made a difference, I'm still unable to load the game further than a black screen with audio. Latest report attached. Please advise.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 04:03:43 PM »
Try downloading this thing and let me know how you go - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/search/result.aspx?q=Media+Feature+Pack

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

skinny_phil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 01:31:10 AM »
Hi. Apologies for the delay.

Whilst the software and updates installed, they haven't made any difference to the game's inability to load.

Please advise. Latest error log attached.

skinny_phil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 02:32:49 AM »
Hey, just a heads up. I got the game to start by using the "-no_video" option as mentioned by a few people on the Steam forums. Thanks anyway.