Author Topic: Amulates Watch vs Resist  (Read 247 times)

rykker

• View Profile
Amulates Watch vs Resist
« on: July 11, 2017, 05:37:47 AM »
As the title says.  Watch vs Resist.  I can not for the life of me see even remotely enough value to have watch on over Resist ever.    The only time I ever personally took it at all was way back when the game launched and i wanted to rush the king down.   Now however we have resist which functionally does the same thing almost AND gives you a very important and powerful tool in combat.  A free shield.   

So why would I choose to take an auto correct on the first aka Watch if sometimes a shield is already the first on perils,  I can get a freebie on the perils anyways usually, and in the case of the kings perils unless Im a spirit or rot  player actively HURTING my odds of breaking in by completing the wyld symbol due to not getting an exploding die from completing that symbol with a roll or a card if I take it, and could auto get a shield without spending even an equipment slot IN COMBAT?

In short I suppose I should just ask what is the point of taking watch really now except for some odd duck moments on the normal board?

Sniktch

• View Profile
Re: Amulates Watch vs Resist
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 06:17:12 AM »
Not being level 10 would be a good one.  Also the fact that Watch helps on the Palace Spirit Perils, and Resist doesn't.  The auto-Wyld will still explode, so it's a 50-50 to lock-in a second symbol on any Palace Peril before you burn any cards - 33%ish if you've also got Leather Armor and it's a Wit Peril or if you've got the Bear or Rabbit Moon/Sun rings and it's a Spirit Peril.  *shrug*  Watch makes cracking the Palace perils universally easier, and helps with Perils that Resist doesn't, at the cost of not being useful in combat.