Author Topic: Clickable Tooltip for Board Tiles  (Read 295 times)

Madmaxwerewolf

• View Profile
Clickable Tooltip for Board Tiles
« on: June 29, 2017, 11:24:59 AM »
While watching the Mid-Week Melee an idea for the UI came to mind.
Have clickable links or tooltps in the status feed for individual tiles.

For example if a player places a peril to a town tile "Brunswick" then in the entry to the status feed read:
Brun (name able to be clicked for player location) played Malice Rising (already links to card tooltip) to Brunswick (tile name clickable and moves camera to associated tile).

I feel this help greatly in situational awareness on the board and speed up players on deciding their tactics.
I often spend too much time looking around the board trying to find and remember placement of particular perils when I need to be playing cards or counting tiles or observing the board for other details.
I understand that not every peril is critical knowledge but knowing where a Lightning Strike is on a particular plains tile   is pretty important information and can be quite hard to deduce when you have just been given a tile name and there are plenty of other perils on the board.

The work/difficulty to impliment this feature vs the effect on the in game experience may not make this high on the production priority list but if it is fairly easy to impliment then I know I would appriciate it and get an improvement on my gameplay.

Any thoughts about the effects on overall gameplay I may have overlooked?

Wessolf27

• Armellian Tourist
    • View Profile
Re: Clickable Tooltip for Board Tiles
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 05:12:56 PM »
I think this is pretty useful especially when there's a lot of things that a player tends to keep track of. As for potential unintended consequences go, I think you've covered most of what might happen. Of course, if done poorly, we might end up in situations where a character under stealth might've accidentally revealed themselves through the tool tips. Oops.

But I doubt that it would really happen in that way.
Re-probus: A Story of Ferals

Omegaupdate Forums | Eagle Time Forums