Author Topic: [PC] [Known Issue]Bane will sometimes go onto King's hex.  (Read 1087 times)

TheSpectralWolf

• Backer
    • View Profile
[PC] [Known Issue]Bane will sometimes go onto King's hex.
« on: September 13, 2014, 01:20:09 AM »
I don't know where you want extra details on known bugs put so I'm just creating this like a regular bug report for the moment.

Build Number: 0.1.35

Platform:
PC

Description: Bane enters Kings hex for it's turn and ends turn with 0 out of 4 body. Stuck on Banes turn. 
I can't say its original location or what amount of health it had before hand but I think it was full. It may have possibly moved from the forest or town tile right above or maybe even just appeared there, but I wasn't paying attention until I noticed it on Kings hex.

Side note: I'm still able place perils on the board as usual if I meet the requirements.

Repro Steps: N/A

Attachments:

According to long lost articles about the development of the game, the original working title for Armello was actually Murphy's Law: The Digital Board Game.*
*Actual articles not guaranteed to exist.

Combat

• Backer
  • Come on, does this look dangerous to you?!
    • View Profile
Re: [PC] [Known Issue]Bane will sometimes go onto King's hex.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:03:14 AM »
I can add to this

It happened when I killed a bane during my turn, it instantly re-appeared in the kings space with 0 health

In my case by the time it came around to the banes turn it had been cleared from the map but it did stay there through some of the other characters turns

I was playing as Thane, if you need any other information I will provide

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »
Like above I found a Bane sitting on the King's hex after defeating a Bane. When I beat it I encountered and also beat a peril on the tile it previously occupied.

TofuFox

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:15:02 AM »
There appears to be two separate issues here.

First:  TheSpectralWolf's original issue, which involves the Bane moving into the King's square.  I have been unable to reproduce this - I haven't had any Banes enter the Palace area or the King's hex.  They may no longer do so (as of 0.1.37) but I'm not sure.

Second:  The appearance of dead Banes in the King's hex after they are killed.  I have run into this:

Build Number: 0.1.37

Platform: PC

Description:

When a player or an AI Hero (edit: or a King's Guard) attacks and kills a bane during the day, the bane appears in the King's square with 0-Health.  The Bane disappears at the end of the player / AI's turn.  I have not yet reproduced this at night, although I don't do a lot of attacking Banes at night.
Edit: This also occurs when a King's Guard slays a Bane; the Bane briefly appeared in the King's Square before being cleaned up when the next King's Guard moved.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Player or AI Hero kills bane.
2. Immediately check the Palace; a 0-Health Bane, complete with model, will appear in the King's hex.
3. End turn.  Bane will disappear at this point (at least for AI hero kill; I need to confirm this is when it disappears for Player kill, though it seems likely).

Attachments are from player kills; I was not able to screenshot the AI kill before the turn switched.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:53:40 AM by TofuFox »

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:43:38 AM »
Thanks for the in depth explanation guys! This one is in our sights but the continued examples really help!