Author Topic: v1.8 Shattered Kingdom Feature Reveal - New Cards  (Read 848 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
v1.8 Shattered Kingdom Feature Reveal - New Cards
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:23:37 PM »
This is a feature reveal for the upcoming Armello update, v1.8 Shattered Kingdom. You can find the update hub here.

Greetings Armellians!

Welcome to the second feature reveal for Armello’s grand new update, v1.8 Shattered Kingdom. Two new cards are coming in this update, and their presence will be undeniably noticed.

King’s Guard Armour favours characters with larger dice stacks and assists heroes in taking control of their fate, allowing a more reliable spread of useful rolls.

If you’re wondering, yes, like the Hare's Halberd all King’s Guards have this item equipped, and it will exist in the deck. This is an overall buff for King’s Guards, improving their defenses and further fortifying their role as blockers on the map.

Outlaws and the wanted beware, King’s Guards are no joke on the battlefield.

Reaper’s Trident is a powerful Treasure that leverages Poison Dice in a big way. Pair this with other items that lock in Swords to cause the Poison Dice to resolve later, hopefully bypassing your opponent's shields.

You can also take advantage of the Rot gain to give you a leg up in your pursuit for Corruption, if you dare.

Let us know what you think of these shiny new cards and you’ll hear from us very soon, I’m sure.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy & the LoG Squad

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: v1.8 Shattered Kingdom Feature Reveal - New Cards
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 12:20:00 AM »
Reapers Trident further highlight how the lack of a priority system nearly completely neutralizes the poison mechanic.  This equipment sticks Poison in the beginning where it is the surest to block. 

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 12:45:44 AM »
Pair this with other items that lock in Swords to cause the Poison Dice to resolve later.

So will the Poison Dice always be locked in after other locked swords, or does it depend on the order you equip items in?
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

McBabysweets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 03:47:10 AM »
You guys are right on the money here. I always felt that the King's Guards were pushovers, especially late game when everyone usually has all of their equipment slots filled. They certainly needed this buff.  Also, the new King's animations are welcome. I always felt it looked a little bland and was hoping that it would be changed later and sure enough, you guys did it! I love this game so much. I play it religiously on Steam and PS4. I must have convinced about 12 people to start playing it.  Long live the Armello Community! :D

melkathi

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »
Seems the new armour will help the guards more against Bane than players. Silas - the main danger to guards from the player side - doesn't care about how much Defense they have.

Wolfdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 02:36:22 AM »
love kings guard, love the art on that card, now we just need a playable one.

satoe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 09:26:02 PM »
Reapers Trident further highlight how the lack of a priority system nearly completely neutralizes the poison mechanic.  This equipment sticks Poison in the beginning where it is the surest to block.
1000% true

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »
Pair this with other items that lock in Swords to cause the Poison Dice to resolve later.

So will the Poison Dice always be locked in after other locked swords, or does it depend on the order you equip items in?

Order of equipment will matter, not even "position of your inventory" matters.  I wonder how often people get a treasure as their first piece of gear.  Not impossible, but very unlikely.