Author Topic: [PC] Sound effect of a roaring fire with no identifiable source  (Read 1681 times)

Kamiten

• Backer
  • There's a good chance I'm at work or drinking...
    • View Profile
[PC] Sound effect of a roaring fire with no identifiable source
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:10:42 AM »

Build Number:  0.135

Platform: Windows 7 PC

Description: Sound effect of a burning fire can be heard, scrolling around the map causes the effect to fade in and out. Nothing visually on the map to attribute the sounds to.

Repro Steps:
I'm really not sure what caused this, I first noticed it during one of the AI turns and I missed whatever cards they may have played. Sorry I can't be more specific!

Attachments:
Nothing to attach. =/

Kamiten

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: [PC] Sound effect of a roaring fire with no identifiable source
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 12:28:35 AM »
Not sure if I should add this to this report or its own report, but a few turns later the game froze and crashed while Amber was attacking Sana. I should add that I am running the game at 1280x720 on "Fantastic" quality if that makes any difference.

Attached a screenshot I took as it was crashing.

Kamiten

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 12:29:50 AM »
Shortly after this screenshot was taken I started another game using Mercurio and that one also crashed when Sana attacked Amber, so those two need to stop fighting or else I'll never complete a game. ;)

CatStoleTheCrown

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 02:10:46 AM »
I also had the burning sound play constantly during the game. It started via  a burning phase and continuously played thru-out. However my game never crashed and I was able to finish it. I identified that the sound was originating from the King's castle (A center point on the map.) I have a wide surround sound so even though the game is in stereo I was able to carefully move the map around and notice where it was coming from. I did an in-game report for it.

So basically - I was able to reproduce this bug.

Cyric

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 07:09:42 AM »
Can confirm I've experienced this as well. The sound effect seems to be the one indicating you can burn cards during a peril/combat. I'm currently still playing the game and it hasn't stopped yet.

I had hit two perils in a row (for science), one in a forest, and one in a settlement. I believe it started after the second one.

Kamiten

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 11:39:44 PM »
This bug occurred again. I did not have two back to back perils like Cyric, but it's definitely that the card burning sound effect from fights/perils gets stuck playing after the peril has ended. I was moving from a dungeon square (which I explored with nothing found) into a forest square containing the cat burglar peril. When I rolled the dice the sound effect never stopped and continued playing for the rest of the game.

Question, is it any more effective for you guys to get sent in game reports over forum reports?

TheSpectralWolf

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 12:12:42 AM »
This has happened to me two times in a row with the first time being toward the end of the game after burning a card for a peril on a town tile. The second game it was in the beginning after going to a town tile with a peril on it. I never burned a card I just rolled the dice in this case. In the first case the game never crashed, and I didn't finish the second game with the sound bug.

Link to the first instance of this bug: http://youtu.be/-1D-YDpYZZI?t=15m38s
Link to the second instance: http://youtu.be/ijmZcHmSdyE?t=46s

Something like the second video just happened again, but this time I actually burned a card for the peril. The AI plays a peril on a town tile right as I get to an adjacent tile then I go to the town tile with the peril.

Link to third instance: http://youtu.be/t6U7p8zw4Fo?t=1m12s
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:44:05 AM by TheSpectralWolf »
According to long lost articles about the development of the game, the original working title for Armello was actually Murphy's Law: The Digital Board Game.*
*Actual articles not guaranteed to exist.