Author Topic: Why Armello HAS to come to smartphones!  (Read 842 times)

matheo81

• View Profile
Why Armello HAS to come to smartphones!
« on: June 13, 2017, 07:28:44 PM »
First off. I'm stocked by Armello. It is great, grand, fantastic, it is what I always wanted to have or to develop and it magically appeared. I love you guys for developing it.

And now my concern, my burning issue. Armello is made to be a game enjoyed LIVE with friends (or foes ;) ) face-to-face, sitting in the same room, playing and talking to each other. Or outside. Or in the freaking train. It pains me greatly to see it released first hand in the annonymous environment of online multiplay. We should have it on our PHONES. Because yes nowadays EVERYONE has a smartphone ALWAYS with him, and this would catapult Armello to its next level and ... where it should be.

I know that Armello has originally been developed as a board game (and tested and managed and "dungeon mastered" with real pieces), I did my research. And I feel that is what Armello in fact wants to be. Played life and directly with actual people looking at each other, shouting at each other, laughing about each other as they play the game. I know that bringing people as close together as possible is what you intended.

I also know that you guys are working on the iOS and ANDROID versions therefor going down the path you should go. I just pray to the Armello wylde forces that you shall be insightfull and bring it to PHONES and not only to tablets. Because when do ever two people with two tablets meet face to face and when do they meet with two phones? I guess the answer is obvious.

Yes. There is the big issue that there is a lot going on in-game and a lot to have an eye on. But I am certain this can be arranged into the smaller smartphone screens without cramping it. And I hope you will do that. For the players sake, for your sake and for the sake of Armello going viral and people spending evenings at the lake battling one another with all kind of funky animals.

Thanks for listening.

PS: I also think that in near (or far future) we should wear glasses able to project the armello screen board virtually in front of us, every player sitting around it looking at the same board, but everyone only seeing what they should see. Card playing, battling, movement dice rolling will be done by gestures recorded by said virtual glasses. Or again, grab your smartphone for a more physical swipe feel. I look forward to THAT too! Send me a message when you've done it! o_O

PS2: Keep up the fantastic work guys!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:04:25 PM by matheo81 »

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Why Armello HAS to come to smartphones!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »
hey matheo81, thanks for hitting us up!

At the moment we're only working towards the tablet version of Armello, as squishing it into a phone would require an extremely large amount of work. I mean, you're right in saying it would be cool though.

But who knows what can happen long term.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

matheo81

• View Profile
Re: Why Armello HAS to come to smartphones!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 07:32:13 PM »
I shall have to get a tablet then. I shall get one for my girlfriend as well. And I shall only meet up with people from here-on who own tablets. You made me do it!

:)

Thanks for the reply.