Author Topic: Weather Conditions  (Read 675 times)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Weather Conditions
« on: June 08, 2017, 06:39:50 AM »
This is a suggestion for different and random weather conditions to sweep across the map randomly during the day or night.  These conditions will change upon the following dawn/dusk.

-Blizzard/Heavy Rainstorm
Effect: Blurs the map tiles for all players.  Only towns and mountains are visible.  You'll still take damage from a swamp.

-Clear
Effect: Default

-Hailstorm
Effect: Take 1 HP damage per step to a minimum of 1 HP.

-Thunderstorm
Effect: Random Lightning Strike perils across the map.  No chance to evade peril except to get lucky.

-Sleet
Effect: Perils and Banes become cloaked.

Feel free to add to these...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:41:25 AM by CrazyBob05 »

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Conditions
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:31:17 PM »
Hey CrazyBob05! Rad suggestions but I don't know if we're too keen on adding heavily random factors to Armello. Who knows though at the end of the day, anything could happen.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Sniktch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing weather conditionals - but not so heavily slanted towards negative, and not so frequently changing.  Make it set at the start of the game, and have a CHANCE to change at dusk of the 5th day.

Bad weather - rain, snow, high winds, what-have-you make vision difficult - your 'sight radius' is limited to your AP radius, minimum 1.  Scout effects counteract, and your own quest is always visible.

Normal Weather: As standard.

Fine Days: Gentle, comfortable weather makes travelling less exhausting - all players have +1 AP per turn.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 06:24:16 AM »
Yeah, I guess you're right about the effects changing too frequently.  Maybe every three turn-cycles there's a chance it'll change instead?  I have two ideas for positive weather effects.

-Sunshower (light rain during a mostly sunny day)
Effect: +3 HP at the start of every player's turn for as long as the weather condition is active.

-Wyld Mist
Effect: Reduces visibility but every player gains +2 Wits and Spirit while the effect is active.

-Gentle Breeze
Effect: All Perils have 1 less symbol to match.  All players gain +1 Wits.  King cannot place any Perils not associated with a Royal Decree,

And another negative, but could possibly have a positive effect?

-Sleeping Mist
Effect: Banes and Guards cannot move on their own (with maybe a sleeping animation for them).  All players have -1 AP.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 06:27:27 AM »
I know that a lot of my ideas most likely won't get put into the game, but I like to put them out there just to see what the other fans and the devs might think of them.  I love this game and these suggestions come from that love.  If you, being LoG, decide to take some of my suggestions to heart and use them I'll be thrilled.  But I'm not expecting any of them to be used...