Author Topic: I have a few questions about the Lore  (Read 894 times)

LassBisharp

• View Profile
I have a few questions about the Lore
« on: June 02, 2017, 03:01:05 PM »
Throught playing Armello the past few months, I asked myself a lot of questions when thinking about the lore. The first question I'd like to ask is, how did the king get corrupted? If he spends most of his time in the castle, there's no way a bane could've got to him, does the king even draw cards that could give him rot? Or lore wise, how did the king get corrupted? Any explanation is fine. The next two questions are sort of intertwined. How come there can only be 4 candidates for the throne at a time? If every single hero has potential, how is it that only 4 of them want to get the throne? The last question I'd like to ask is if there are only 4 characters fighting for the throne, what happened to all of the others? What are they doing during the entire game? Thanks for reading.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: I have a few questions about the Lore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »
Heyo Bisharp!

The King's corruption is a tale that hopefully we'll delve into in the future but you'll have to hold tight for that.

As for the player limit, that's just a mechanical limitation rather than thematic. So in a game or Armello, there are only four heroes battling for the throne but they are all viable candidates.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

LassBisharp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 02:23:37 AM »
Oh, that reminds me, I forgot to say if there's a possible logical explanation other than the fact of the 4-player limit

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 03:58:07 AM »
I always assumed the '4-candidate limit' was just because those were the few people who rose to the occasion. As Prestige leader, people want to talk about you and promote you. You're the 'expected' successor. The person with Spirit Stones is hailed as a righteous hero, who did the kingdom a great service by purifying it's leader. Who could have known his body was so ravaged by the Rot that he wouldn't survive the attempt? The person who slays the King is obviously the 'might makes right' ruler, and having just annihilated their leader, takes the throne by force. None may challenge them. At least, not immediately.

Rot Victory is similar, but worse. You've traded one despot for another.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »
From a "hard lore" perspective, you'd expect only 1 hero from each of the four clans competing (back when each only had 1) each with the exclusive blessing of their clan's leadership.  Letting more heros play but keeping the narrative limit of 4 just gives the player more fun options.