Author Topic: Item card and Rat ring suggestion  (Read 826 times)

Crazy

• View Profile
Item card and Rat ring suggestion
« on: May 31, 2017, 06:49:20 AM »
First I would like to start off by stating that each of the basic clans have a terrain that they are supposed to be "advantaged" on or have a specialty in. Wolves have Mountains, Bears have Forest, Rabbits have Plains, but Rats have nothing.

My suggestion is to change one of the two rings in the rat clan that focus on settlements into a ring that allows them to pass over swamps undamaged. This would give terrain parity between the clans, and give the rats a much needed ring buff. As to which ring I would suggest it would be black opal, as it is the least useful in terms of how often it comes into play.

Secondly I would like to suggest two cards be added to the item deck.

Mountain Cane : Mountains cost 1 ap to travel on
Swamp Boots: Removes health penalty on swamps

These two cards would be very valuable to any prestige player that is looking to move about the map as much as possible, and gives anyone the choice of sacrificing combat strength for some actual utility. Many times it can feel like the map spawn just took a giant dump all over your clangrounds or sometimes even over the entire map, and these two items could help ease the pain of the early to midgame where every AP and HP matters.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Re: Item card and Rat ring suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 07:39:16 AM »
I like these thoughts, especially if you happen to know how to use a certain Screwloose rabbit or a certain wolf who knows his way around a Sword.  But there already is a treasure card that has both of the described item effects, unless you're suggesting them as regular item cards?  Then the question becomes their equipment cost.

Sniktch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:15:38 PM »
Regular item cards, and yes if you use BOTH of them you've got the Winged Boots - but that requires 2 equip slots plus X gold.  Neither Crazy nor I have bounced around gold costs or rarities because we're still work-in-progress on the idea, so we're open to suggestions.  Given the value of equip slots, I'm leaned towards 2 gold and uncommon rarity - they're more expensive than Adventurer's Kit and less common, but not unseen or bank-breaking.  Doubly so since if the ring change goes through, you'd have 2 clans who could in theory start with a card in hand that literally does nothing for them as it copies their ring power.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
Ohhhh good suggestions, Crazy! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Sniktch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 12:59:34 AM »
And with 1.8, the Rat clan ring suggestion is now more crucial, as the Spyglass's 'every Peril you play grants Scout from that tile' completely crushes Obsidian's bonus.