Author Topic: Bug Reports - What gets sent ?  (Read 1422 times)

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Bug Reports - What gets sent ?
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:29:28 PM »
HI Guys,

When we send bug reports in game, what actually gets sent ? Is it just the text we have typed or does it also send a log of the last turn, a log of the game so far ? Machine specs ?
Just trying to figure out how much we need to tell you guys and how much you get told auto-magically :)

Thanks
Owen
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:19:07 PM by Trent Kusters »

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Big Reports - What gets sent ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »
Hey Owen!

We get all your machine specs, but that's it. No in-game data. We're going to update the form shortly to include a couple more fields, but we'd like you to be as specific and detailed as possible anyway.

If you'd like a reply, be sure to put your email address in there too. 

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Big Reports - What gets sent ?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 09:32:37 AM »
Hey Owen!

We get all your machine specs, but that's it. No in-game data. We're going to update the form shortly to include a couple more fields, but we'd like you to be as specific and detailed as possible anyway.

If you'd like a reply, be sure to put your email address in there too.

Cool thanks :)

Having programmed myself i understand how frustrating it can be tracking down bugs, so will supply as much info as I can.

Im guessing from your email comment, the bug reports aren't "tagged" to a particular person/Steam ID when they are submitted ? If not how do you know who to follow up with if you need more info ?

Owen

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reports - What gets sent ?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:19:57 PM »
We get Steam IDs, but no email address. We're likely going to add that field in a coming update.