Author Topic: Increase in farmers  (Read 714 times)

Echo

• View Profile
Increase in farmers
« on: May 30, 2017, 06:20:12 PM »
Good morning all!

So with the new update I noticed an increased number of people just rushing the palace on day 1 just to end the game prematurely to get their coin flips. There is one specific player I keep running into doing this, but I wont throw his name out. Only that he is a rank 60 Sargon player and people will likely have a Wyld guess who it is the moment they see them.

Question is, can we possibly do something about these people because they ruin the game completely. I know it's a legit tactic but playing 10 minutes to watch someone constantly rush the palace is annoying at the very least.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Increase in farmers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 11:23:30 PM »
Perhaps LoG could make their "anti drop" algorithm a little more strict until the rush season dies down.

Crazy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 11:47:56 PM »
These types of people are always going to exist, and the more you do to try and stop them, the more you hurt your normal playerbase. It sucks that you've been seeing them (I've been lucky and haven't) but I do not believe that LOG needs to make their algorithm any more strict then they need to now.

It will die down after the big "rush" ends. I hope you have some better games until then though.

Echo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 02:30:18 AM »
The sad part is this very individual appeared in my game and two other friends'. They were telling me the other day "oh you remember that Sargon guy that tried to ruin our game? We're playing against him again".

I think it would be fair if they maybe restricted the system to only drop if the game reaches day 5 or something when the king is down to half his original health. By then it is fair game because it's highly unlikely they can complete all 4 quests by day 5 (not saying it's impossible, but with fair game it's unlikely).

Crazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 04:46:16 AM »
Actually, it is very common for an experienced player to rush the king the moment they get 2+ turns behind others. If I am killed, or unable to reach my second quest due to some unfortunate mishap, I will immediately begin looking for a way to breach the palace. Its a pretty common site for me to see either myself or someone else go for the king before the halfway mark.

Sniktch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 10:49:01 PM »
I'd be one of those folks Crazy mentions - as soon as I'm one full quest AKA two full turns behind, it's time to abandon questing and seek alternate methods, because of how Armello snowballs advantages and disadvantages.  An early lead is ALWAYS more powerful than a late lead, because it gives you the tools to secure that lead.  This is why drawing Teleport in a starting hand is almost always a game-winner - you're a full turn up on the competition, possibly more depending on character and second-quest location.

LunarFrost

• I'm just here, you're welcome to say hi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 02:22:29 PM »
I'd be one of those folks Crazy mentions - as soon as I'm one full quest AKA two full turns behind, it's time to abandon questing and seek alternate methods, because of how Armello snowballs advantages and disadvantages.  An early lead is ALWAYS more powerful than a late lead, because it gives you the tools to secure that lead.  This is why drawing Teleport in a starting hand is almost always a game-winner - you're a full turn up on the competition, possibly more depending on character and second-quest location.

Here's the thing Sniktch, 2 turns (6 moves) behind isn't game over. Yes, it's harder, but the quest are generally still really valuable to go for even while being behind. If you rush the king over and over again after breaking into the palace, that just sets up the win for someone more well equipped and is stronger stat wise. And drawing Teleport in your opening hand usually isn't insta GG. Sure they have an advantage, but the game can easily screw them over.
I'm the guy that genuinely looks forward to change and when nothing changes, I worry.

I also like reasonable debates.

Sniktch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »
I never said I 'rush the king over and over" - rather, I shift gears and lay the groundwork for a one-turn guaranteed breach and kill, two turns if playing as Zosha and 4th in turn-order.  If I attack the King, then the game is over - I've got the kit equipped and/or in hand to ensure he goes down and the only variable is if I go down as well.

It's not 'game over' to be two turns behind, true - but it's far more efficient to stop bashing your head against whatever wall put you two turns behind because the likely result is only more bruises.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:12:23 PM by Sniktch »