Author Topic: Banished, Then Attacked Across The Map  (Read 1118 times)

Cyric

• Backer
    • View Profile
Banished, Then Attacked Across The Map
« on: September 12, 2014, 11:33:23 AM »
Build Number:  0.1.35

Platform: PC, running Windows 7

Description: Was playing Mercurio and ended my turn next to Thane. On Thane's turn, he banished me across the map, and then immediately attacked me, even though I was no longer adjacent to him. Mercurio played the clashing swords animation by himself, struggling against thin air.

I was teleported far enough away that Thane couldn't move to me and he remained on the hex he started his turn on. Quite simply, Thane attacked me in melee combat from a distance.

Combat resolved normally after the incident. No damage was done so both characters just stayed put.

I've only seen Thane do this so far. I don't know if this bug is exclusive to Thane or if all bots (or a player!) can do this.

Reproduction: End turn next to bot Thane. Have him banish you then immediately attack you as his next action. Without a way to queue bot actions I imagine this is easier said than done.

Attachments: None, sadly.  :-\ Combat had resolved by the time I was able to think to hit the screenshot button.

TheSpectralWolf

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Banished, Then Attacked Across The Map
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 11:58:10 PM »
This just happened to me playing as Sana, but instead of Thane it was Amber.   Amber used banish on me and I was teleported across the map then immediately attacked. I ended my turn in a swamp tile right below a stone circle tile that Amber was in and once it got to her turn she banished and attacked me. The second and third screenshots show our positions on the board after banish.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:00:34 AM by TheSpectralWolf »
According to long lost articles about the development of the game, the original working title for Armello was actually Murphy's Law: The Digital Board Game.*
*Actual articles not guaranteed to exist.

Alvorn

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Banished, Then Attacked Across The Map
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »
Yup I had the same thing happen to me last night. Thane played banish and I ended up on the other side of the map in combat with Thane.