Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations!  (Read 271 times)

lazywnch

• View Profile
Greetings and Salutations!
« on: May 05, 2017, 12:27:38 AM »
Let's get to it, eh? I'm lazywnch.

The name is true and self-explanatory.

Armello caught my eye because of its unique art style, and (yes, I am this old) because the heroes reminded me of childhood movies like The Secret of Nimh or Rikki-Tikki-Tavi or even the early Disney animal-based movies.

(I think my earliest crush, before I knew what crushes were, was Disney's Robin Hood.)

The board game aspect made me nostalgic for older board games like the Settlers of Catan.

So, you got me, and my bank account still hasn't forgiven me for purchasing the Armello DLC.

Anyway, I'm working on the more *ahem* trying achievements and could use some diversion if you'd like to hit me up. I'm what you call socially anti-social. I'm afraid of the friend/buddy link/button.

But I'm happy to make new friends.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:26:57 AM by lazywnch »
|*|lazywnch|*|

Biologist

• View Profile
Re: Greetings and Salutations!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »
Hello, and welcome to the forums! I'd recommend checking out the Armello Discord community run by InariFox. Link with info: http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=3131.0

Not a terribly social person myself, but the people there have generally been civil and fun to chat with.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

lazywnch

• View Profile
Re: Greetings and Salutations!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »
Thank you muchly, Biologist. I'll be sure to check out the link and the Discord community. I appreciate being pointed in the right direction.  It's difficult being a "newbie" all over again.
|*|lazywnch|*|