Author Topic: Please give an option to toggle profile pics during battle.  (Read 950 times)

retrowire

• View Profile
Please give an option to toggle profile pics during battle.
« on: April 28, 2017, 10:20:46 AM »
Hello,

I have an odd but very important request personally...

Personally, I can't play this fantastic game with gamertag profile pictures in it. It causes a perfectly family friendly game to be a little more risky for me. Lewd images and other offensive material can leak in and it just ruins the experience.

I fully understand that saying this leaves me open to being trolled or attacked and I'm embarrassed mentioning that things like this bother me but, I REALLY MISS PLAYING THIS GAME.

I had over 80 hours in play time for this, and haven't played since. But with the new Wyld update, I'm REALLY itching to come back. I wanted to buy the bandit clan pack but I just can't play the game until something can be done about the gamertags.

I totally realize, I'm in the minority, I'm one weird person with this request and I doubt anyone feels the same. But Armello is such a joy to me, I have to ask this.

A toggle to disable the profile pictures in the menu alongside the player levels toggle, or even a way to mod it out, I'm desperate. Please help. Sorry for the rant. :(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 07:34:40 AM by retrowire »

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Please give an option to toggle gamertags/profile pics during battle.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 04:46:51 PM »
Heyo retrowire,

I 100% know where you are coming from. Steam usernames are poorly moderated and they can be awful. I've actually come close to banning users on our Steam forums purely for their name, but that's opening a big can of worms.

We've spoken about a hidden feature before, I'll bring the discussion up again. Naturally most features such as this need to be made with consideration of how many players it will benefit, so it's hard to know what action we can justify taking.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

retrowire

• View Profile
Re: Please give an option to toggle gamertags/profile pics during battle.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 12:10:57 AM »
Heyo retrowire,

I 100% know where you are coming from. Steam usernames are poorly moderated and they can be awful. I've actually come close to banning users on our Steam forums purely for their name, but that's opening a big can of worms.

We've spoken about a hidden feature before, I'll bring the discussion up again. Naturally most features such as this need to be made with consideration of how many players it will benefit, so it's hard to know what action we can justify taking.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Thank you. And it's not really the usernames that bug me, it's just the potential images that could show up within the game. It's just that of there's an option to toggle displaying Player Levels, why not one to toggle profile pictures?

Thanks again. I'm just glad this is being taken seriously. I really want to be able to enjoy this game again. :( It would be better than Christmas.

Biologist

• View Profile
Just chiming in to say that there's nothing wrong with wanting a certain amount of maturity - in the proper sense of the word - from a community. If people want lewd pictures there's a million places they can look for that, they don't have to drag it with them into everyone's business.

A lot of people don't get that. If somebody is reading this post and is one of those people, this isn't an attack on you or your freedom of expression. Just me pointing out that a desire for basic decency is a normal, healthy thing, not the Victorian-like repression some people seem to think it is.

Either way, having an option to hide people's gamer tags would let everyone enjoy the game without worrying about it. It's not like anybody's going to suffer because other gamers squelch their "clever" anatomical/political/racist/whatever gamer tags.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

retrowire

• View Profile
Just chiming in to say that there's nothing wrong with wanting a certain amount of maturity - in the proper sense of the word - from a community. If people want lewd pictures there's a million places they can look for that, they don't have to drag it with them into everyone's business.

A lot of people don't get that. If somebody is reading this post and is one of those people, this isn't an attack on you or your freedom of expression. Just me pointing out that a desire for basic decency is a normal, healthy thing, not the Victorian-like repression some people seem to think it is.

Either way, having an option to hide people's gamer tags would let everyone enjoy the game without worrying about it. It's not like anybody's going to suffer because other gamers squelch their "clever" anatomical/political/racist/whatever gamer tags.

Thank you for the second opinion on this matter.

You're exactly right though, I'm not asking for others to not have lewd images as their gamertags, I'm only asking for the ability to put blinders over it for my individual game. I don't care for it, and my desire for this does absolutely nothing to take that freedom away from others.

I just want the option. And I'm grateful that people understand that. Thank you.

retrowire

• View Profile
Bumping this in hopes of hearing an update.

retrowire

• View Profile
Re: Please give an option to toggle profile pics during battle.
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 04:03:00 AM »
Any updates? :(

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Please give an option to toggle profile pics during battle.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 05:43:56 PM »
Unfortunately not retrowire, we have probably more than a year's worth of work lined up ahead of us so if action can be taken in this area it's likely not going to be soon.

If changes are coming to this general area, I'll definitely be there to advocate.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy