Author Topic: v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - New King's Declarations  (Read 4790 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - New King's Declarations
« on: April 26, 2017, 08:23:43 PM »
This post is a feature reveal for v1.7 Wyld's Ward, click here to return to the update hub.

Welcome friends!

Here we have the fourth and final installment of the feature reveals for v1.7 Wyld's Ward. Here, we'll be talking about a whole new tier of King's Declarations. This adds an extra option to every tier of King's Decs.

• Royal Payoff
    Until next Dawn, The King will pay any Hero who ends their turn early, at a rate of 2 Gold per Action Point remaining.
  • Rot Rain
    At Dusk, every Hero and King's Guard suffers -2 Health if not on a Settlement, the Palace, or Clan Grounds.
  • Highway Fees
    The King has imposed Highway Fees of 2 Gold in order to enter any Settlement, until next Dawn!
  • Green Eyed Monsters
    Greed and contempt spread. For every 3 Gold a Hero has, they lose 1 Prestige and gain 1 Gold.
  • Sovereign City State
    An un-claimed Settlement builds city walls defended by Mercenaries and Agents of Misfortune.
  • Burn after Reading
    The Prestige Leader discards their Cards, re-shuffles all Decks, and is dealt random Cards. Costs -2 Prestige.
  • War Drums
    All King's Guards from now on have +1 Fight and +1 Body. A new King's Guard is recruited to patrol Armello, and Bounties are issued to all Heroes.
  • Dark Curse
    The King drops two new Perils adjacent to the Palace, and all Perils in the Kingdom receive Cursed Lands.

We've also removed one old King's Declaration, Darkest Night, which was the King's Declaration that caused everything to be stealthed is no longer an option, which will save you from those long, blind evenings. We found that this pushed players away from interaction, and turned heroes essentially into blind mice.

These extra declarations will diversify the King's right-hand-hero's choices a bunch. As always, we'd love to hear your thoughts on this content! We'll keep making rad stuff if you keep enjoying it.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy & the LoG Squad

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
Re: v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - New King's Declarations
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:41:56 PM »
This is solid!
Any game is at it's best when the players have a great decision to chew on, and there are a lot of great options in here!

From the wording I take it if you are IN a settlement when highway fees drops you will not be taxed?

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
Glad to see Darkest night gone.  I still miss StarFall however.

CaptainRed1000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »
We found that this pushed players away from interaction, and turned heroes essentially into blind mice.

But that would make too much sense, right? Because it's not like Armello is full of animals or anything.

Suddenly being the Prestige Leader is looking a less appealing. These choices look....difficult.

I love it!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 07:04:44 PM »
This is solid!
Any game is at it's best when the players have a great decision to chew on, and there are a lot of great options in here!

From the wording I take it if you are IN a settlement when highway fees drops you will not be taxed?

Nope! Just upon entering. <3

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 12:22:56 PM »
Glad to see Darkest night gone.  I still miss StarFall however.

^seconded. Starfall was an awesome declaration with a really cool thematic component to it. It was interesting to see the Prestige leader forced to pick either aiding another victory condition or having to deal with a negative Declaration. :D

Comrade243

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 03:34:52 AM »
I think "War Drums" simply recruits two new King's Guards at the moment. Bug, or revision?