Author Topic: v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - Board Altering Cards  (Read 7243 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - Board Altering Cards
« on: April 24, 2017, 06:00:44 PM »
This post is a feature reveal for v1.7 Wyld's Ward, click here to return to the update hub.

Hey folks!

Welcome for our second installment of feature teasers for the upcoming update, v1.7 Wyld’s Ward. We’re really leaning in to long term/permanent status changes in Armello, and these next few cards take that mentality and apply it to the board. We’re adding two new cards to the fray, but we’ll start by showing off a significant rework to a classic.

Patronage & Industry has been a staple for the Trickery deck since the days of Beta and that’s not changing any time soon. Now, P&I upgrades a settlement and provides a consistent bonus to the owner. Also, we finally got the opportunity to add windmills to the world of Armello.

Stone Wards allows players a method to prevent their settlements from being terrorized by Banes or stolen by corrupted heroes. This effect will last indefinitely, but can be removed if the settlement becomes terrorized, say, through the act of a Kings Declaration or card effect.

Is a pesky hero hiding in a forest too regularly? Maybe there’s a well travelled route that you can obstruct. Arson allows you to destroy a forest tile leaving a barren swamp, permanently. Be weary though, the prestige cost is high for such a disgraceful act.

And there we have it! As always, please let us know what you think in the comments. The next announcement is just around the corner!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy & the LoG Squad

InariFox

• I'M A ADORABLE SMOL SNEAKY FOX!!! WATCH OUT!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - Board Altering Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 06:13:29 PM »
Cool feature reveal!
RIP Ghor players like me if there's a ton of Arson cards tho  :'(
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:51:51 PM by InariFox »
|Follow me on Twitter:@TaosukeFox|Challenge me to Armello and add me on Steam:InariFox|
Armello Discord chat server(Now over 1000 members!): https://discord.gg/VubfUfM
I also play Bemani rhythm games, Overwatch & STGs!

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:21:19 PM »
Man that Trickery deck has gone from an acquired taste to a real spicy treat over the last several updates!
The change to P&I is the hardest to instantly picture the impact of, but... in LoG we trust :D

Mcksalg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
These look pretty awesome, hope arsone has some nice fire effects before the change, gj guys.

Chariot Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 12:56:30 AM »
As always these look really cool.  I have always found the rot system to be one of the most interesting parts of the game.  Choosing to gain rot has negatives butting can also make you more powerful against other characters with rot.  This update is fleshing out that system even more by exploring the pure side of the spectrum by making spirit stones a greater part of that system and by introducing a card that keeps you safe from corrupted characters.  Good update!
Some people think chivalry is dead but I think it just has a really bad cold

SilentRavyn

• View Profile
    • Foxwolf.ca
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 01:25:07 AM »
I love this update!

I wonder about the Patronage & Industry card though, I assume you need to be the captor of that settlement to get the rewards? So if ownership of the town changes, the new captor will start collecting the rewards? I feel that more people will start playing the settlement game with this new incentive!

FluX

• Hot Rot Win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 03:33:30 AM »
Will Stone Wards protect against Malice Rising?

I welcome the improvements to trickery. The Spell Deck offers so many options right now to hinder your opponents with a free resource gain every other turn (Night). Trickery is expensive, you have to protect settlements or risk dungeons for gold.  Improving Trickery's pay-off with these cards gives greater incentive to draw out of the Trickery Deck vs. the Spell Deck.

Echo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 04:17:39 AM »
Ohhh... ohhh... I am so all over that Arson card... You know what? Keep Ghor the way he is. He just got capped in the knees so hard. Finally the Trickery deck is rising to the level of Spell cards...

But then again I can only imagine there will be spell cards that will convert swamps into Forests... they better cost 6 magic.

FluX

• Hot Rot Win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 04:39:57 AM »
Has anyone tested the interaction of Royal Banner and Prestige cost cards? I thought with any Prestige boosting items, your prestige can never drop below the level granted by the amulet/card.

Does that mean you can freely cast these prestige-cost cards?

AI Player 1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 05:15:32 AM »
Does that mean you can freely cast these prestige-cost cards?

In short: Yes. One of my most memorable moments is getting Crime Lord in my starting hand and pulling Royal Banner from a Dungeon Day 1 (I even went first) so I got to steal 2 gold from everyone before they even got any cards in hand. Also works with Favour, Feathered Helm, Bubble Tea, and Lord's Sceptre. Though it's only "free" if the ONLY prestige you have is from items/amulets.

InariFox

• I'M A ADORABLE SMOL SNEAKY FOX!!! WATCH OUT!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 05:57:52 AM »
Ohhh... ohhh... I am so all over that Arson card... You know what? Keep Ghor the way he is. He just got capped in the knees so hard.
Ghor really doesn't need to be more nerfed more than he already is. :(
|Follow me on Twitter:@TaosukeFox|Challenge me to Armello and add me on Steam:InariFox|
Armello Discord chat server(Now over 1000 members!): https://discord.gg/VubfUfM
I also play Bemani rhythm games, Overwatch & STGs!

Biologist

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 08:41:35 AM »
Be weary though, the prestige cost is high for such a disgraceful act.

"Oh, all right. If you insist. I suppose I'll endure the anger of the masses for desecrating this verdant wilderness. Really, paying prestige costs is soooo tedious."

It had to be done.
Pet peeves: Apes are not monkeys, jellyfish are not fish, and tomatoes are not vegetables!

LunarDrag0n

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
Love it !! 
How about equipment items like "Grappling Hooks" to reduce the AP penalty for moving into a fortified town from 2 to 1?
With the introduction of the P&I card Elyssia might be a little OP on the prestige game.

Trent Kusters

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 12:31:08 PM »
Great to hear you're digging these board altering cards. It's been something we've been looking to do for a while now. If they work out well in the long run, hopefully we'll get the chance to add more. <3

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 12:43:48 PM »
Gosh, I can only imagine the work it would take, but It would be fascinating to have a (purely cosmetic) "browse past iterations of cards" feature in the card gallery.

I love that Armello fosters great little "back when I started playing" moments between players that jumped on between different updates. :D

Thanks again for the rolling evolution of Armello