Author Topic: v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - Spirit Walkers  (Read 8855 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - Spirit Walkers
« on: April 20, 2017, 03:17:41 PM »
This post is a feature reveal for v1.7 Wyld's Ward, click here to return to the update hub.

Greetings Armellians!

Welcome to the first feature reveal for v1.7 Wyld's Ward. Today we'll be talking about Spirit Walkers, the title given to only the most worthy adventurers who bear ancient, powerful relics.

If a hero is able to obtain four Spirit Stones, they will now be considered to be a Spirit Walker. Spirit Walkers, are able to instantly "cleanse" any foe black of heart. Naturally this means The King, but it also includes Banes. Sensing this immense power, Banes will always move directly away from a Spirit Walker when possible, regardless of whether it was previously busy terrorizing a town or pursuing it's prey.

Heroes must be weary though, becoming a Spirit Walker can test one's constitution. Upon obtaining the fourth Spirit Stone, the relevant hero will take damage equal to their current Rot value, as their Rot is reduced to zero. While in the Spirit Walker state, Rot cannot be gained, and every point of Rot that would usually apply, instead inflicts a point of damage.

On the other side of the spectrum, if a hero decides to walk the dark path of corruption, entering Stone Circles will still take it's toll but will instead be more attainable. Corrupted heroes will take damage equal to their Rot value when entering Stone Circles, allowing the option for desperate movement in a pinch.

So there you have it, here is the first feature of v1.7 Wyld's Ward. Please feel free to leave questions and thoughts below! More glorious features will be unveiled shortly.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy and the LoG squad
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:24:11 PM by Darcy Smith »

Cindervixen

• View Profile
Re: v1.7 Wyld's Ward Feature Reveal - Spirit Walkers
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »
I like it
very kool
-Cindervixen

Douzeju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:22:03 PM »
Hmm.  ???
I'm eager to see what the other features will be.

Insomnicron

• Res ipsa loquitur
    • View Profile
    • Insomnicron (aka Naysayer) on DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 09:56:19 PM »
* Insomnicron makes lip smacking sounds.

Perfecto!

Col. Hathi

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 11:24:30 PM »
Very cool.

Now if only the stones were rare, and you had to fight over them. ;)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:26:56 PM by Col. Hathi »

Chariot Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 12:38:19 AM »
This sounds suspiciously like a card suggestion I made awhile ago.  The effect and the name of the update are exactly the same.  Eh, probably just a coincidence.  You were probably planning this long before I joined the forum but it is cool to see an idea I had implemented.  This whole update sounds pretty neat and it will be cool to see how this changes things up.

This was the forum post I made: http://leagueofgeeks.com/forums/index.php?topic=3011.0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:03:47 AM by Chariot Rider »
Some people think chivalry is dead but I think it just has a really bad cold

SilentRavyn

• View Profile
    • Foxwolf.ca
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 01:03:29 AM »
So if a corrupted creature enters a stone circle, taking damage, do they lose rot as well? In this case, if they have more rot than health and die, do they lose rot equal to the damage they take or are they cleansed completely and drop to 0 rot?

I could see this making things difficult if you are going for a rot win, especially since having the Stranger already makes it very perilous! (I hate how many times he's led me into a stone circle while corrupted...)

Chariot Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 01:06:24 AM »
So if a corrupted creature enters a stone circle, taking damage, do they lose rot as well? In this case, if they have more rot than health and die, do they lose rot equal to the damage they take or are they cleansed completely and drop to 0 rot?

I could see this making things difficult if you are going for a rot win, especially since having the Stranger already makes it very perilous! (I hate how many times he's led me into a stone circle while corrupted...)
Nope.  Entering a stone circle just makes them take damage but they don't lose the rot.  Before the update a corrupted created would simply die but now there is a chance they might survive making rot victories a little bit easier actually.
Some people think chivalry is dead but I think it just has a really bad cold

Urocyon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:14:35 AM »
Might spirit walkers also cleanse rot infested heroes as well?

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »
It's certainly a game-changer.  I usually try to g o pure so taking damage from having four Spirit Stones won't affect me most of the time but I know there will be times when it becomes a hassle.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 03:58:26 AM »
Cool, cool.

My only concern is that this new effect could step on the toes of Wyld Talisman and definitely Bane's Claw. Both of these treasures feel a little underpowered to begin with, and this new Spirit Walker state only exacerbates that.

I am super glad, however, that corrupted heroes now have some opportunity to enter Spirit Circles to complete quests. :3

melkathi

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 06:53:29 AM »
Funny thing is: at dusk a Bane appeared next to my Spirit Walker Horace and immediately panicked and tried to flee. But the ruins were at the edge of the game board, so the Bane routed and died the moment it spawned :P

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »
Funny thing is: at dusk a Bane appeared next to my Spirit Walker Horace and immediately panicked and tried to flee. But the ruins were at the edge of the game board, so the Bane routed and died the moment it spawned :P

Hah! This is great! Maybe the Bane ran off a cliff in panic.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »
Forgot how to fly too.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 09:17:52 AM »
lol hilarious!  I want to see this.  I've seen how stupid the AI in this game can be, ie AI corrupted Mercurio runs into stone circle over and over and over and over, but this is a brand new level of AI is a crapshoot.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"