Author Topic: Suddenly errybody's speed running?  (Read 724 times)

Nattodesu

• Backer
    • View Profile
Suddenly errybody's speed running?
« on: April 18, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
Today, for the first time I saw an attack on the king before dawn 4. And then again. And then twice more. I know there's the achievement for breaching the castle before dawn 5, and I've seen people go for it before, but nothing like this. Is there some kind of special event I'm not aware of? Do you guys ever use this strategy? If this has happened in your games, how do you feel about it?

Edit to add: fifth game, fifth turn 3 breach. Insanity.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:07:30 PM by Nattodesu »

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly errybody's speed running?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »
HMMM weird. We'll keep an eye on this new trend.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 04:23:39 PM »
Most likely, they were dice-farming. The person is playing the game not with the intent necessarily of winning, but simply making the game play out faster. The basic strategy is to assault the palace and breach one of the perils, then attack the King again and again until he dies.

And yeah... it can kinda ruin the fun for people that are actually playing it with intent to win or strategize.

Smyga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 08:02:50 PM »
Wrong opinion! I have strike win by Mercurio 4-5 stroke, its my strategy

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 04:56:26 AM »
Once in a while I'll take Sana and rush the king.  With the spirit bonus amulet and a spirit quest she's got a pretty good chance of breaking in immediately, and even if I fail to kill the king on the next turn, I can still play for a longer game... always take wits for the second quest, just in case.  She'll need it.

melkathi

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 10:34:21 PM »
Last night we Had a Sana try to breach the palace on first Dusk. Never did anything but walk towards the palace and try to get in... and play any spare perils she didn't need the symbols of on me.
Seems I get at least one person trying to breach latest by turn 4 (though usually turn 3) 2 games out of 3. Half the time it will be two players trying to do it.