Author Topic: Infinite Draw (?)  (Read 281 times)

CousinVinny

• View Profile
Infinite Draw (?)
« on: March 20, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »
Hello,

I made an account here to report this bug, I've been playing since early beta and have NEVER seen this before. I'm not sure if it is known or not.
At the beginning of my turn the draw stage came up, i was tabbed out at the time watching youtube videos. I tabbed back in and spammed as fast as I could on the item cards (looking for hot rot wine to cheeky take the king with spirit stones.)  my game froze a bit for like 1 second while i tabbed back in and this caused me to draw like 9 cards. i only had like 6 wits so i think that freeze allowed me to draw over my wits limit since i spammed it. this is quite broken as it helps you choose exactly what rolls you get in a fight. still didn't draw hot rot wine tho :(

I tried to recreate it but didn't have any luck, I only tried once. I'll post an update if i find any more evidence (in single player ofc)

Here's a screenshot of my hand after realising i had over drawn.
~glhf

Wew lad.

Add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vinylsnapz/

CousinVinny

• View Profile
Re: Infinite Draw (?)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 12:26:15 AM »
Update, So I went into a bot game with a friend to try and recreate it. Windows newest steam version.

I had several steam games open but I just couldn't get it to crash at the draw faze as I clicked the cards like last time even after multiple games and trying every turn, It is probably easier to recreate on lower end machines as the stutter/crash is what this relies on. recorded a bunch of footage of me trying but no luck.

~glhf

Wew lad.

Add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Vinylsnapz/

SheaFresh

• Armello Tester
  • Lag egg
    • View Profile
    • Hitbox Channel
Re: Infinite Draw (?)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 04:26:09 AM »
steam games really don't like you alt+tabbing out of games too much, and is the reason for your lag
I have had many times  where I tried this but could never get more than my wit number drawn. So if you could please, send in the log file next time through the in-game bug sender (top right corner of the menu, looks like a bug in a circle).
go to hitbox.tv/sheafresh for my streams