Author Topic: How does everyone play Ghor?  (Read 1204 times)

InariFox

• Retired Armello player
    • View Profile
    • Friend's Webcomic
How does everyone play Ghor?
« on: March 18, 2017, 10:25:02 AM »
This has been bothering me that from the general player-base always get Ghor players that are abusive with magic or camp in forests STILL even after the nerf.

I'm wondering how do you really play Ghor?

I play as him as a fighter and see him as a half magic, half fighter bear and boost his fight to 6 and wit to 5 with the Amber ring to ensure easy damage for the king. Also doesn't hurt to have some gold and equipment but having 3 gold off the start isn't fun either nor is the lack of stealth that ruined several of my games.

Is there any Kingslayer Ghor,rot or spirit stone players out there or is it a low population out there?

All I hear is that only Ghor players go for prestige to win by abusing his power but prestige isn't a 100% reliable way to win. I hope his power gets reworked and his stealth returns.
I really hate how this lovable bear got so much hate, drama and terrible treatment from the community.
I hope I can inspire future Ghor players that he isn't a jerkface like everyone think he is if you play him effectively.

Sorry LoG if I posted this thread like a jerk.

|Follow me on Twitter:@TaosukeFox|

I also play Bemani rhythm games.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: How does everyone play Ghor?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:31:23 AM »
I use Fight/Wit/Jade (so I don't need spirit to make 5+ spirit strike bombs).  I quest, planning for kingslay; but even if I don't try to camp forests I'll find forests along my route and ruin people's day.  Getting consumables instead of gear in the early game might slow me down, but with all the free teleports and banishes I get it really doesn't keep me out of the game.

vardgo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 10:37:11 AM »
It is really difficult to play Ghor going for kingslayer.  But I find that path to be the most fun one

dragoncrescent

• Backer
  • ...is actually a rabbit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 04:25:51 PM »
I haven't played him at all since I realized he doesn't even get even a slight discount standing in one forest. Basically, he's now reliant entirely on the game to generate a decent board for him. I have the worst luck ever, so every time I select him, there are never more than 2 patches of forest. Anywhere. :(

Poor Ghor. I agree, the nerf was painfully heavy-handed.

SurefireTactics

• Armello Master
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:09:28 AM »
Ever since Ghor's power was changed (IMO for the worse) I have seen a dramatic decline in people choosing Ghor as a hero in queue. Even in my own matches when playing as Ghor, I feel incredibly underpowered compared to everyone else and always feel as if I am behind. Kingslayer as Ghor is simply just not fun to do Kingslayer for me since Ghor is so incredibly reliant on RNG circumstances he cannot control (Such as MapGen for multiple forest patches or lucky dungeon pulls for money/settlement control, which he can't do realistically,  in order to get money since his starting Gold is abysmal.)

I constantly record my queue matches and review them to check for misplays/things I could do differently. In Ghor matches, I consistently have a very difficult (And apparently miserable according to spectators) time because Ghor is so lackluster in a multitude of areas that literally any other choice is simply more preferable than Ghor. I've expressed my disdain for the change in his power in other places, but I don't like playing this new version of the character and more or less refuse to play him despite my "Random Button is the best and I'll play anyone" policy.

I want to like playing Kingslayer as him, I really do, but I genuinely feel that Ghor sucks for everything except blasting people with spells and getting Prestige.

Teii

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 01:48:07 PM »
I really only play Ghor when I see people talk about how bad he is, and I never really have much trouble.  3 gold is the lowest gold count, but River, Brun and Sana only have 1 more gold.   If you can deal with 4 gold, you should be able to deal with 3.  Unlike the other 3 gold hero, Zosha, Ghor can have more magic than anybody else.  Overall, Ghor has more card playing resources than River, Brun and Zosha.  I deal with his low fight with resist and aquamarine.  They also help with perils and indirectly help with card draw and gold management because fishing for good gear is less necessary. 

For me, the game is all about kingslayer unless another win condition falls into my lap.  The other 3 are generally too unreliable for anything else.  I usually don't harass or kill the other players much because I'm more concerned with saving cards for palace entry, peril / combat burns or the king fight.  Though, that's how I play pretty much any hero.  Certain things are more important for certain heroes, but the fundamentals of the game don't really change based on the hero you pick.