Author Topic: As a physical character, how can I contend with magic?  (Read 171 times)

SirPapercut

• View Profile
As a physical character, how can I contend with magic?
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
I just feel so helpless, I get my health sniped from across the map, I get banished right before I can fight the king and secure the game (The prestige leader was a caster Ghor, ofc and spent the whole game basically playing every anti-fun spell in the book. I'm still a bit salty about that, I thought Banish was only in perils? And surprised it could work inside the palace...), etc.

I know they're weaker in a fight but that's damn hard to even get into fighting range when I'm either killed, blockaded or otherwise have to try and punch through about fifty buffs when they KNOW they're due to fight me next turn.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: As a physical character, how can I contend with magic?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 12:20:32 AM »
Stealth protects you from most spells.

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:12:19 AM »
When playing Thane I learned that gathering a lot of sword cards to burn will cut through a big amount of stacked bark skins....leaving Ghor helpless.

I understand that a spellbook-emptying Ghor is a pXin-in-the Xss...but if you are prepared and armed (and lucky) you can stall him.
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 05:31:33 PM »
Hey SirPapercut!

I'm actually excited to see this thread, as generally I see people asking "as a magic user, how am I meant to defend myself against combat oriented heroes?".

A hot tip, powerful spells are a constrained resource, whereas combat can be used indefinitely. Combat heroes can excel by hunting and destroying their enemies as regularly as possible.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy