Author Topic: [PC] Freezes. And more.  (Read 1162 times)

Shadify

• View Profile
[PC] Freezes. And more.
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:24:39 PM »
So basically, I noticed this bug right after the last game update.
I've tried to play Armello with my friends, or just with random players, and what I can say is:
- It freezes when I'm trying to pick up any new cards in my turn.
- Freezes when watching to someone's fight.
- Always freezes when watching the fight with a Lion King.
- Freezes when I'm trying to use my cards, to wear some gear, etc...

Of course, if I'll be on my luck, the freeze goes down for a bit and the characters animation goes fast, and that's really fun to watch, I would say. But still.

I've tried to set game graphic preferences to the lowest. But it doesn't help at all.

I'm also kinda upset, because when it's my turn and I basically CAN'T even take a new card, to move my cursor, well the times runs out anyway, and I'm afraid I won't make any step ahead. I'm also kinda mad, because sometimes the game is in a half step to shut down (I just feel it while watching to its freezes, black window, loud sounds of my pc when its memory is overwhelming, let's say so.)

And also, I'm sorry for my english, I'm not the best speaker after all |D
But I'm too mad to deal with it.  Because it was ABSOLUTELY fine until the last update. Really. :<

I hope you'll fix this bugs as soon as possible, or at least if there's some other way to get round this bugs by myself, I will be happy to know it. because I LOVE this game, its great. But I simply can't play it.
Thank you for your attention.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [PC] Freezes. And more.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 04:13:58 PM »
Hey there Shadify!

Have you attempted to verify the cache and/or a go ahead with a fresh install?

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

Shadify

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »
Hey there Shadify!

Have you attempted to verify the cache and/or a go ahead with a fresh install?

Cheers,

<3 Darcy
Heya. So yeah, sure, I've tried to verify the cache. Its all fine up there.
But yeah, I'm gonna reinstall it, sure, but huh.. I'm not the only one with this bugs as far as I know.
And by the way. I've tried to play again and I've noticed that most of these freeze lags goes on in a middle of the game, I guess.. like, when King's health goes down for a half, I guess.
I wish I could show this to you, maybe make some video or stream? But I'm not sure about it.

UPD: Right..  so I've reinstalled the game. But like I thought, it doesn't helped me much. I mean, at all. :/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:35:45 PM by Shadify »

Shadify

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 04:51:11 PM »
Just a little UPD. New problems has been spotted.

- Game freezes even in the single mode.
- Every time when the round starts, the king's voice seems kinda broken and intermittent.
- Same thing with the "rot crows"..
- It also always freezes when I'm trying to check the card from the bottom history menu.

Also. I have a little suggestion. Could you add an option to cancel the auto-watch for King's fight? It freezes out my system, and after the king is defeated, the game freezes even more and longer, right at the "goodbye'n'lvl up" page, lets say so. And right after that, it freezes out for 4+ minutes while trying to turn to the prize mode.

And I'll repeat. It was perfectly fine until the last updates.  :< (until the 17 of February I guess?)

Shadify

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »
UPD: New bugs were spotted again.. xD

So I think this thread will be the most active thread of mine here)

So what do we have here today..

I'll add some screenshots to make it easier to understand what I mean. Although you probably won't understand the language xD

So.. I've selected the multi-player game, and tried to choose River. I was glad she showed up on the screen like if it was my chosen character. But nah, I think someone was a way faster than me and chose her first, b'cause her icon was gray...  Ok, I can understand why everyone loves her so much) But then something just got wrong and.. I couldn't choose any other character, I couldn't click any button (the buttons were clickable, but without any response) to go ahead and select a ring and other stuff or just leave the game. Finally, when the time ran out, the game started and... I was surprised, because my character was Zosha.) Nice character, by the way.

And its still freezes by the way.

Shadify

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »
GUUUUHHH...  >:(
Alright, I'm fine..

Just keeping up my "Bug it up" research.  And as always, new bugs were spotted. Maybe not that new, but you'd better watch this. And I think its not only mine problem, maybe its even some kind of glomal freeze bug?
So I made up some new screenshots for you guys.

I went through the all round with the freezes, yeah.. But at the end, when the round came up to its end, and the King was almost killed by the rot (or Zosha, as she was near from him? oh well, whatever.)
the game was frozen out again,  there was no response to the cards when I was tried to use them, and I couldn't move my camera. Only when I clicked on the River name in the chat panel,  the camera moved on River, but... it was impossible to do anything else anyway. Too bad it took so much time to get through the game and take nothing but the bugs in the end.

kyoteugly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 12:07:18 AM »
Hello!
At first I'm very sorry for my English, I'm trying my best here.
I have all the same bugs as Shadify. I played 4-6 games every day and only one maybe two are completed. Most of the time the final round freezes for like 10 minutes... unfortunately after that time all players (including myself) just gave up and turn off the game. It's frustrating! Because of all the freezes the typical game extends from 40 min to 1,5h and at the end we end up with nothing. No winner, no chest/key. Just pure waste of time.

- I'd like to add that game freezes everytime when I try to open the inventory or character sheets, just to check what other players equiped.
- Everytime when I draw cards (sometimes the time ends up and I get random cards - that's not cool)
Theese above are minor freezes, just slow down the game, the ones that make the game unplayable happens at the end of whole game (the longer the game gets the slower it works and finally just freeze copletely - just like in screens from Shadify).

I don't know if this is important but I play very agressively (I played a lot of cards during opponents turns, I played cards right after the day/night change or right before my turn just to clear the hand). Could this be the case? When I met players with the same game style it looks like the whole game just can't handle so many actions at once.

I have very stable Internet connection, I set all graphics to low, I reistalled game about 4 times now... nothing.
All this happend around the 1.6 update and it gets worst with every patch.

Spinosaure

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2017, 12:41:09 PM »
Hi,

it's kinda sad this thread didn't attract much more attention. I've read through everything and I'm experiencing absolutely the very same issues. Playing this game is basically a nightmare, one game out of two, I am not able to finish my match because either it freezes all of a sudden or someone disconnects and the bot does not take the relay. I've experienced huge frame drops as well, most likely as the match goes to its end.

It's also worth mentionning these issues are there since a year, surely even more. Lots of people complained about these very same bugs on steam and reddit, with threads old from 2015 sometimes. I basically stopped playing a few months ago because of this, as it was too frustrating to waste literally an hour or two in a game which has a 50/50 chance of not ending. How the hell has it not been addressed since all this time ? Your latest patches were supposed to resolve this, but they all failed. Too bad this game is a niche because not many players will come here to complain about this kind of stuff to pressure you a bit more. Sure, all the new content and the balancing are nice, but fact is the game is not playable in its actual state. I think we have all been very patient (2 years lol) and I hope you will understand why this anger is justified.

Please keep us informed of the situation, and postpone every other project you had for this game which is not in relation with resolving these gamebreaking issues, as I think this is far more important than adding new skins or new paid content.

Thank you.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2017, 11:19:09 PM »
A freeze is a symptom.  There are hundred of possible ways a mistake in the code can cause a freeze.  They have fixed freeze causes, they have introduced new ones.  It's not the "same issues", they aren't ignoring error reports.  They are putting out fires in a workshop that gives off sparks over a sawdust floor whenever they make anything new.

Also consider that among their staff and members of the community, crashing incidents can be occurring less because of more robust machine hardware or video driver health (consider how Dev vs Community games have gone on swimmingly except for the game shortly after houserules were first introduced).  There are many out there with perfectly healthy games.  Can the software be bolstered to protect for when client hardware misbehaves, to some degree, but only after getting data from the failed process.

Echo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 11:25:09 PM »
I'm baaaaack.

First game in, all goes well, close to win, game freezes as I pick a card. The music carried on and the card was just frozen mid pick so I already knew what it would be but the game just refused to respond.

Update:
Another game in and it froze while looking through hero inventories.

Not a great way to promote double flip weekend when you don't even make it to the coin flip.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:59:55 AM by Echo »

Spinosaure

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 06:40:52 AM »
Tried a fresh installation (again), was able to play 3 games without real trouble. Then the next 2 games froze in a row  : "Armello.exe not responding > close application". First time right after picking king's declaration, second time when I had 1 action point left and was thinking about my next play while hovering over my cards. I can't be more pecise than that, I wish I could send you a crash log but thing is, when the game freeze, you no longer have access to the report bug feature so ... I really can't stand this situation, and it's even more infuriating to see you guys quiet on that business. If you're working on it, please do tell us and if you aren't then explain why or what could we do to help. I know without data it's kinda hard to fix something you don't really know how to replicate but take also in consideration this game has been in this same desperated buggy state since many years already and our patience has reached its limits.. What's wrong on your side ? You have a great game there but the real experience is so bad. You seem to not realize how especially frustrating it is to encounter freezes or the NMA bug for THIS particular kind of game. One game lasts usually for an hour, even more, and seeing all our work getting ruined in an instant without any warning is KILLING our motivation to keep on playing.  You can spend hours on one game and yet be kicked right out of it in a blink of eye, this is such a shame !!!

Update : just linking you to some reddit threads to let you know this is surely not a sporadic thing in case you refuse to consider it ! You're honestly being very disrespectful to your community who is having a hard time at enjoying your game because of these game breaking issues !! You don't fix a declining playerbase by adding silly events like this double dip WE, you actually need to fix your buggy game !

https://www.reddit.com/r/armello/comments/648tj3/is_anyone_else_getting_more_frequent_connection/

https://www.reddit.com/r/armello/comments/644v20/is_there_anyone_else_who_isnt_able_to_finish_most/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:10:07 AM by Spinosaure »

Echo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 12:34:14 AM »
The freeze is still on sadly. It keeps happening whenever I check the hero shelf for equipment which is rather essential when I decide if I want to attack a player or not...

Are there any updates on looking into this issue regardless it only affects minority?

Verified integrity already, did a clean install and still going on.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:35:53 AM by Echo »

Lisy Kane

• League of Geeks | Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • League of Geeks
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 12:39:50 PM »
Hi there,

Darcy put together a pretty extensive troubleshooting list on our Steam forums for our crashes. Particularly if you're getting Windows errors, there might be automatic Crash Logs being created that you can send us!

<3

Lisy