Author Topic: v1.6 Journey's Dawn Feature Reveal - Card Balance Pass  (Read 6722 times)

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
v1.6 Journey's Dawn Feature Reveal - Card Balance Pass
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:31:13 PM »
This post is a feature reveal for v1.6 Journey's Dawn, click here to return to the update hub.

Greetings all!

It's time for another v1.6 Journey's Dawn feature announcement. This one brings major implications on the current meta and should shake the scene up in Armello to keep things feeling fresh and fair. To introduce the changes, LoG co-founder and director, Blake Mizzi has written a few words.

Just a quick note, Blake doesn't play by the rules, he makes them. As such, the first change mentioned isn't even relevant to a card.

We have a very exciting new round of balance passes to Armello’s Cards coming to V1.6 and spoiler alert V1.7.

The first balance pass focuses on subtle adjustments; The Wolf Clan’s Signet Ring ‘Rubellite’ has its usability expanded with the lower Health threshold increased from one to three Health, this small change is going to make this Signet Ring a game changer and really give the Wolf Clan even more teeth.

‘Sailor’s Lantern’ gets a small but important Gold cost reduction to 1 Gold.  ‘Mercenaries’ Trickery Card is getting a target change to ‘Any Tile’ which greatly increases its usability.

‘Cat Burglar’ also gets a huge power boon with ‘Hero’ added to its target set, this is a huge change and we do expect the feel of Armello’s meta to change – As a history lesson, in the early prototype days of Armello, ‘Cat Burglar’ was one of the most powerful cards in the game and a real power shifter, the recent target change actually brings ‘Cat Burglar’ back to where it started and where we feel it should be.

Along the theme of ‘Cat Burglar’; ‘Bribery’, ‘Crooks’, ‘Pickpockets’ and ‘Wandering Circus’ are all getting a quantity bump in the Trickery Deck, this is to see more cards moving around from player to player, getting more fluidity of cards in each game. ‘Pickpocket’s usefulness is also getting boosted by having the threshold for the Equipped Item Card Steal increased.

• Rubellite Wolf Signet Ring
    Effect Adj from (+3 Fight while you have only 1 Health.) to (+3 Fight while you have 3 Health or less.)
  • Sailor’s Lantern (Item Card)
    Decrease Gold cost from 2 to 1.
  • Mercenaries (Trickery Card)
    Change target tiles to ‘Any Tile’, from Settlement, Forest, Plains.
  • Cat Burglar (Trickery Card)
    Add ‘Hero’ as a valid target in addition to the Settlement and Dungeon.
  • Bribery (Trickery Card)
    Change quantity in Deck to 2.
    Change Gold cost from 4 to 3.
  • Allies’ Pact (Trickery Card)
    Change Gold cost from 3 to 2.
  • Wandering Circus (Trickery Card)
    Change quantity in Deck to 3.
  • Crooks (Trickery Card)
  • Pickpockets (Trickery Card)
    Effect Adj from (Steal 1 Gold. If target can't pay, Steal 1 Equipped Item.) to (Steal 2 Gold. If target can't pay, Steal 1 Equipped Item.)

There we have it folks! That's 3/5 features revealed for v1.6 Journey's Dawn and it's only a few days away! Keep your eyes peeled for more hot scoops and we'll see you shortly!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy & the LoG Team
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 03:33:55 PM by Darcy Smith »

Mcksalg

• View Profile
Re: v1.6 Journey's Dawn Feature Reveal - Card Balance Pass
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 04:06:32 PM »
Wow im not a wolf player but with that change i may play them more. - thx

Phlox

• Hey there, I am Phlox(Forums)/Aethalion(Twitch)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:39:21 PM »
Great to hear....a lot of wished features has been implemented. Good work!
I've been manipulated by a pychotic rabbit!

warg

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 11:15:02 PM »
For the wolves I always use the mountain ignoring ring, that may change now. :D

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 12:00:45 AM »
Very timely with the last "trickery needs help post".    I would hope that Merchant pact would have gotten cheaper than allies however, as if I'm using the pact I want to make sure it profits me.

There's a great mental image/story to go with the mercenary changes.   The old mercenaries were all like "Yeah we'll rough up that hero type for you... but no weird stuff.  We ain't going near those creepy dungeons and circles.  Also you can't pay us enough to get stuck in those blasted swamps"  Now it's like "In this economy?  You're the boss!  I haven't eaten since the King raised taxes on Dawn 2."

Mcksalg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 01:00:18 AM »
Anyone know if the pacr gain cards stack on a single hero? Nvm tried it.

Kenku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 08:00:44 AM »
Anyone know if the pacr gain cards stack on a single hero? Nvm tried it.

Yes they do. I had two people tag with me in one game as was earning 2 prestige a turn. Safe to say by the end I had like 16 prestige(though lots to a River shot Kingslayer)

Comrade243

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 02:04:01 AM »
Great changes, devs.! Glad to see you take player input to heart.

One quick question though: doesn't the change in targeting for Mercenaries make Sharpshooters a strictly inferior draw? I could justify the latter's cost because it could hit any tile, but now...

Why not bump Sharpshooters to 2/3 damage instead of 1/2? (And have it hit the Palace, for good measure?)

melkathi

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 09:01:37 AM »
So Mercenaries and Catburglar can now be played on Palace tiles? That is good.

SBF1

• A Mystery Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 10:53:19 AM »
Nope, they still can't be played on Palace Tiles. Though maybe it works on Heroes on Palace tiles. Just had a game which I was hoping to do just that on, but no dice... if you'll pardon the pun.  ::)