Author Topic: Comics, Books, Games etc.  (Read 9260 times)

Vryl

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Comics, Books, Games etc.
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 12:53:02 AM »
Seeing as this post is about games as well as comics, I thought I'd mention an old board game type game that I think might appeal to other Armello enthusiasts: Battle Hunter.

This was released for the Playstation quite some time ago (yes, I know, anything for the original PS is old).  Players build their character by allocating points to movement, attack, defense and health, then go into randomly generated 'dungeons' with the goal of finding a specific piece of loot and then bringing it to the exit.  There are always four hunters, run by AI if you don't have enough players, and enemies will sometimes appear when a hunter finishes his turn.

It's old, but if anyone can find a copy or somewhere online that has it, I imagine it would be a fun way to pass time while waiting for the Armello beta/final release.

GypsyWolf

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »
I'm quite surprised no one's mentioned "Blacksad" yet, it's such an amazing graphic novel that involves anthro-animals and film noir.  Definitely worth a look! ;)

My comic taste doesn't have much animal/anthro themes but here are some of them:
- Mouse Guard
- Pride of Baghdad
- WE3 (the art techniques are definitely worth looking at)

Here are some general ones:
- The Fox Sister
- Stand Still, Stay Silent
- Rasl
- Bone

I also read very recently "I Kill Giants" which is very moving even for a comic and now considered one of my favourites!

Snacuum

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 01:27:08 PM »
In terms of comic books, I started reading Elephantmen. Cool pulp-sci-fi.