Author Topic: *The voice of the PS4 community*  (Read 3374 times)

Reptillian_Ghoul

• #SaveArmello
    • View Profile
Re: *The voice of the PS4 community*
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 03:13:54 AM »
It's been over a month and both big GByte patches have shown 0 improvement to the PS4 version of the game. We downloaded these two major GB updates, and post as a community here hoping for anything but to be ignored but to no avail. When you responded to my previous original post you didn't even look to the left to see my name and called me someone else.

No changes to op Ghor and River, we still don't get the character skins, dice skins, new amulets, or Bandit characters.
The game still freezes consistently just as usual due to NMA (no more action bugs) freezing (the flame in the middle of the combat doesn't show up and we can't continue until someone exits the game then everyone eventually crashes).

We posted here,  on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, we talked and played consistently with someone who said they were a PS4 bug tester for you and showed them the bugs even, we reported crash after crash and freeze after freeze, we watched day after day as people left our PS4 group and posted screen shots of them deleting the game.

There's nothing else we can do. We've come to the consensus that LoG doesn't care about us. Simple as that. We can only do so much as moderators of the PS4 Armello community to encourage people to hold on to hope of LoG showing love to us.

We were told one thing but we got left in the dark and abandoned. This is unfortunately going to be my final post here.

We really do care about you folks.
<3 Darcy
Active member of PS4 Armello Community.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 11:33:48 AM »
River was never OP.  Did the Ghor nerf to stealth (and forest reduction) not make it to PS4?

No one outside the backers has Bandits yet, but at least we have a release date for this summer.

Skins are a Steam inventory thing, so would need to be drastically recoded for PS4.

The fact PS4 has NMAs despite all the extra bug testing Sony does boggles me.

Reptillian_Ghoul

• #SaveArmello
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 03:02:23 AM »
River was never OP.  Did the Ghor nerf to stealth (and forest reduction) not make it to PS4?

No one outside the backers has Bandits yet, but at least we have a release date for this summer.

Skins are a Steam inventory thing, so would need to be drastically recoded for PS4.

The fact PS4 has NMAs despite all the extra bug testing Sony does boggles me.

River gains no bounty for killing guards with arrows on PS4 as well as it not breaking stealth if it kills; which effectively means she can remain stealthed, kill guards in stealth, and gain no bounty.

No. As I stated previously, both big GB patches did NOTHING for us. Including the one that fixed Ghor's extreme brokenness.

This summer? Haha, wow! WOW! The PS4 player base will be long gone by then. People are leaving everyday cause of how we are being treated, ignored and the game is unplayable.

"Skins are a Steam inventory thing..blah blah blah.." That's called bullsh**. If we can pay 10.00 for a board skin that adds spring flowers we can receive a dice skin or the character skins, that's the biggest load of bs I've ever experienced coming from someone's mouth.

What boggles me is how you can get someone's name wrong when it's literally right next to the post. What boggles me is how you can treat a loyal community so poorly for so long. What boggles me is how we pay full price and get an unplayable game. What boggles me is how I write something intended for the devs and then I get a response from you like I was addressing you, mind boggling!!!!!
Active member of PS4 Armello Community.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »
The board skins were developed as DLC.  You enter a special software key and it installs, done, yours forever.  Dice and character skins are not DLC code based (they are probably part of the base game, but activate via Steam account inventory query). 

Now I'm not confirming or denying if it is difficult to code something to replace the Steam API for Dice drops and unlocks, but it's something.

Mcksalg

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2017, 02:21:22 AM »
We all love Armello thats why we are so passionate lol. But yeah LoG fix your game.

Necrokov

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 06:31:26 AM »
First off,  allow me to pat myself on the back for my first post since introducing myself. *canned applause*

So,  admittedly I am trying to get a game going and having a hard time of it. I'm fairly clear on what the complaints are for PS4 players, being one myself. This is not a "Fix it or I'm leaving" post. Threats like that only serve to put a person at the back of the line,  if you didn't love the game so much you wouldn't bother complaining so much, even less continuously attempting to play.

YES. It can be the most frustrating thing in recent gaming that I can remember. Put an hour into a game? Got Zosha in stealth, with 4 spirit stones, AND an arsenal at your disposal just in case? Full hearts? You don't even have to wait for the Kings' Draw.  Is it your turn next, and there is NOTHING anyone can do to stop you from winning? You like those stars, and the animals that come with them!

Then something.............happens. I try to fill in the field to describe the events leading to the problem, but it's not like that are a lot of variables or anything so am I even truly capable of getting a detailed report exactly right? What cards are in the other guy's deck? That's just ONE.

So, yeah, it's not a moral high ground thing. It's a 'I am still willing to play as is, for the games that DO go well, to me it's worth it since I don't think it's being ignored, and if people stop buying/playing the game why bother fixing it at all' thing. I don't know how to program a thing to save my life, but I can be pretty sure that funding goes a long way toward being able to get the help/hours you really need to do it as quickly as people want.

On to why I'm posting at all, and yes I am aware of forum etiquette in that I should have done my reading first. I didn't, but I'd rather know that something isn't a snake oil solution and not waste my time attempting it.

From what I've read so far, these are some things that can help a multiplayer PS4 game not crash. PLEASE correct me, add to it, or even flat out go and tell me to read. ;)

-Do not play with deck/character sheets during King's Draw.  I'm gone so far as to simply place the controller down until it's finished.

-Do not have a one player game going before or during you enter a MP match. If it works, it's worth the wait. If you are a new player who simply needs to 'play to unlock', it strikes me as a great way to learn the game if you do that before engaging in multiplayer at all, but once you go multiplayer it's hard to go back. For me at least.

-Close the application, and maybe even the console and just try again. (I've been using 'turn it off and then back on again for years, it really does work sometimes with certain things)

-Don't play any other game at the same time, but that's just something I can never bring myself to do anyway. 

-Uninstall and re-install the game with all current updates.

-At least try to be sure that the host room has a solid connection. This leads me to a question: Why am I unable to host a room without inviting a friend? I can hit find game, but not find players unless  someone gets into my game via direct invite.

So, if I'm dead wrong, nobody knows for sure, or I've hit the everything I need to know jackpot some light feedback would be greatly appreciated.

+~Necrokov~+

Kargion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 01:20:31 AM »
Just got the game.  Super fun.  I had a lock up but basically to fix it I just don't do anything unless its my turn.

So, you could get in depth reports from PS4/XB1 but you have to have the infrastructure built to pull that data.  Other games can do this.  I know your a small dev group and I have no clue what type of undertaking that is.

I don't really care about DLC delay, the review process is crazy for PS4/XB1.

Game is good, trying to get my friends into.  Keep the updates coming :).

Necrokov

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 12:16:23 AM »
Good morning!

I was just talking to a buddy of mine about how I've seen a spectacular performance upgrade (for me at least) since the last update.

In fact, I haven't had a single problem up until this morning when I decided to give it a go (after a short break, TRYING to get into MA: Andromeda but meh... it's something I haven't played, and sometimes I just have to put Armello down after I've played lots and lots and lots and lots.

*AHEM* Forgive me.

Long story short, when I find game to play multiplayer on PSN, all four players arrive in the lobby, but it never grants the opportunity for everyone to actually hit ready and play.

I'm fine with a few restarts, if that's all it takes, I just wanna play. If this is something known by the PS4 community at large, I'd rather not try and try for an hour just to never play.

I don't know who I was playing with, so no real data. Who were playing on invites and who wasn't, perhaps just the lobby I got into, I could throw darts all day. ::)
+~Necrokov~+

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 05:01:07 PM »
Hey there Necrokov, thanks for reporting in about the stability of Armello! I believe that bug that you experienced is something that affects the PC version too, so we're doing our best to investigate it.

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

S-clone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2017, 01:38:51 AM »
G'day Darcy and LoG team the bandit clan DLC hit the PS store just over a day ago congratulations, im happy to report alot of us are stoked finally getting a chance to play it ^.^ It's available currently for most regions (with the exception of Australia and the UK to my knowledge) everyone else will probably be able to purchase it by Tuesday 27th of June.
I managed to play a couple of games in a private match (being in Australia i haven't been able to purchase it yet) and noticed i unlocked some stuff but couldn't find any mention of it in the current version of Armello (v1.12)

So im wondering because the new DLC doesn't require a futher update: why can't i view any changes/unlocks if the update has already introduced them to the game? (Mcksalg told me he could change the squire's portrait)

Also a  follow-up question: Given the very lengthy waiting period we PS4 owners have had to experience in regards to updates/changes, does the team have any plans in the pipe to help more effectively roll out future DLC?

Thanks in advance for the reply ~s-clone

Darcy Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 03:06:11 PM »
Hey S-clone, apologies for the belated response. I'm sure you've seen that the content is all live now across all regions!

As for the wait period, we're still doing our best tighten the screws on the process but some sort of wait or delay is inevitable, due to the extended submission/review process that applies to consoles.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy

S-clone

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 06:35:29 AM »
Hello again LoG team.
The first batch of alternative skins for the initial characters has been out for a couple of weeks now and i wanted to ask: will there be a DLC bundle pack to purchase each group of characters or one big one to get them all at once?

Darcy Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 05:23:27 PM »
Probably not S-clone! We want people to pick and choose their favourite heroes moreso than just grabbing all of them. For the moment, at least.

<3 Darcyu

Necrokov

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 04:09:53 AM »
LOVE THAT I CAN NOW PLAY BANDIT CLAN ON MY PS4

I'm asking for apologies in advance if my post is inappropriate for this thread. (I've got my lawyer present, at least.........,my noob board status lol).

*AHEM*

It's 2pm where I am, 2pmEST.  I'd like to get a game together with some REAL players. Guys n gals that will beat me senseless. It's just the kind of mood I'm in today, and over time I'd love to get to know the community of the forum pertaining to this unique, phenomenal experience.  I'm here all day. simply friend me on my PSN ( Same exact name as I use here) using LOG Forums as part of your introduction with the request. You can simply type LOGF for all I care, and while think the  find game option is a great way to meet an interesting batch (Especially some of those people you see all the time.....), with a game like this it's not only what it is, just the idea of making teams, or making it known that you HAVE to attempt a certain style of victory, no intentionally harming other players for any reason, etc...sounds like a cool way to experience the game .

If I have posted here in error, please, direct me to where I should go and I'll leave this part of town for my complaints.   8) ;)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 04:16:30 AM by Necrokov »
+~Necrokov~+

Mcksalg

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 10:27:16 PM »
@Darcy, any updates coming to ps4 soon I think we are like 2 patches behind.
Thx