Author Topic: A Hero's Journey Begins  (Read 1762 times)

Wolf Spirit

• Backer
  • 20 Seconds of Courage
    • View Profile
A Hero's Journey Begins
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
Hey everyone, this is one game I am so glad that I backed.  I am looking forward to playing the wolf clan and the bandit clan when it comes it.  I've played plenty of games such as Settlers of Catan, 7 Wonders, Betrayal at the House on the Hill, etc.  I am usually shy about talking to people but this is one community I am trying so hard to open up to.  Thanks you for letting me join this awesome community.

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: A Hero's Journey Begins
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »
Let me be the first to welcome you, as a fellow game lover.

Setlers, and betrayal are pretty much my two favorite board games, so just based on that I like you  ;)
This place is stock full of freindly people, so don't be to shy.

In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

Nomadic0ne

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:25:17 PM »
Welcome! :D
Always good to meet other boardgamers! Are those 3 your favorite games at the moment?
Catan was my introduction to the world of board games beyond Monopoly and since then my board game obsession has exploded!
7 Wonders is awesome and I had gotten it for Christmas a few years back, but it's one of those I just can't seem to win at!  :-[ But I still like it and keep playing!
Haven't tried Betrayal yet, but my friends say it's great!
Now my first couple Kickstarted board games are rolling in and I'm having fun trying them out with my not-so-crazy-about-board-games-as-me wife!  ;D
BoardGameGeek Profile: Nomadic0ne
Steam Profile: Nomadic0ne
(If you add me, let me know you're from the Armello Forums!)

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 01:00:05 AM »
monopoly is my all time fave board game! I love investment and business games so its a must have for me! its a shame it takes so long!

YouTube | Email

Nomadic0ne

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 08:30:34 PM »
monopoly is my all time fave board game! I love investment and business games so its a must have for me! its a shame it takes so long!

For a time, I used to dislike Monopoly because it never ended! Then I found out it was our own fault for using the "house rules"! Now the new versions even add a "speed dice" to help speed up the slower parts of the game!
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/909258/todays-monopoly-vs-game-you-remember

If you haven't already, here are a few other investment and/or business games to try! I've heard they were good business games, but have only played Power Grid myself...
Power Grid
For Sale!
Age of Industry
Acquire
Puerto Rico
1830: Railways & Robber Barons
Container
(these last two have more of an emphasis on negotiation)
Chinatown
Genoa

...oh...I think my board game obsession is showing again...  :o :-[
Sorry for the info overload! :P  ;D
BoardGameGeek Profile: Nomadic0ne
Steam Profile: Nomadic0ne
(If you add me, let me know you're from the Armello Forums!)

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:19 PM »
We should really make a boardgames thread somewhere in these forums  :)
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello

Wolf Spirit

• Backer
  • 20 Seconds of Courage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 04:15:26 PM »
Welcome! :D
Always good to meet other boardgamers! Are those 3 your favorite games at the moment?
Catan was my introduction to the world of board games beyond Monopoly and since then my board game obsession has exploded!
7 Wonders is awesome and I had gotten it for Christmas a few years back, but it's one of those I just can't seem to win at!  :-[ But I still like it and keep playing!
Haven't tried Betrayal yet, but my friends say it's great!
Now my first couple Kickstarted board games are rolling in and I'm having fun trying them out with my not-so-crazy-about-board-games-as-me wife!  ;D

Yea sorry for the late post (really late).  My favorite board game of all time is 7 wonders.  I love the fast-pace motion and set turn countdown.  I am hoping to buy Betrayal when I have some spare cash and I hope to play some of this boardgames with fellow Armellians as well.

Wolf Spirit

• Backer
  • 20 Seconds of Courage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
We should really make a boardgames thread somewhere in these forums  :)

Yea Xiander I was thinking of the same thing.  I actually made another thread talking about getting together to play Armello with local people so it is the same feeling of playing physical board game minus the possibility of losing pieces and such.  We should also do that with other board games so everyone can try new things.