Author Topic: A bit annoyed  (Read 2162 times)

Aermord

• Backer
    • View Profile
A bit annoyed
« on: August 11, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »
Hi,

Congratz on the development of the game, I'm very much looking forward to the result.

However I'm a bit annoyed that I'm "forced" to create an account on yet-another-message-board to get some of the news from you. It is perfectly possible for you to make backer-only updates within the kickstarter system. Kickstarter is the reason you got this community build around the game and I'm much more likely to be following what's going on there than on all the message boards that I'm a member of and never read.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
Re: A bit annoyed
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:53:45 AM »
I understand this, maybe they can make an updating RSS feed or something? Idk like an email list!

YouTube | Email

Skitterleaper

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:22:24 AM »
Same, one of the best features of Kickstarter is how it allows for timely email updates for the projects you support. It seems like a bit of a step backwards to make the board mandatory...

DeeOH

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 02:45:48 AM »
I like the forums and all, but i gotta agree. I've backed about 20 projects and it can get hard to keep up to date if i need to go and check all of them.
Either, either, neither.

Ty Carey

• League of Geeks | Director
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »
Hi Aermord (and everyone!)

Hopefully by now you've noticed that we've decided to continue with Kickstarter updates, and heard your message loud and clear. 

Thanks for your honesty and support!

BloodyTrollop

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:47:27 PM »

Hopefully by now you've noticed that we've decided to continue with Kickstarter updates, and heard your message loud and clear. 

Its nice to have BOTH the Kickstarter updated and the forum. The updates usually have me running to the boards to see what people are commenting on.

8BitProxy

• Backer
  • Proud Armellian
    • View Profile
    • Just my ramblings.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 03:02:51 PM »

Its nice to have BOTH the Kickstarter updated and the forum. The updates usually have me running to the boards to see what people are commenting on.

I tend to check back here every few days :) but im really looking forward to when release comes and everyone floods to the forums! lots of newbies haha

YouTube | Email

Xiander

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »
I tend to check back here every few days :) but im really looking forward to when release comes and everyone floods to the forums! lots of newbies haha

I think we are a couple of people on these boards that feel that way. (I'm tottally one of them...)
In the interest of not putting anyone off their appetites... I hid the bodies elsewhere.

Agog to be the 3,579th wizard on BackerKit for Armello