Author Topic: New Equip Card Suggestions  (Read 2007 times)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
Re: New Equip Card Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »
Companions
Treasure Guard
Cost: 6 Gold
Symbol: Shield
Effect: Opponents cannot steal an equipped treasure.

Caravan Guard
Cost: 7 Gold
Symbol: Shield (during the day), Sword (at night)
Effect: Opponents gain +1 Gold instead when they would otherwise steal Gold from you.

Corrupted Living Statue
Cost: +2 Rot
Symbol: Rot
Effect: +2 Swords and Shields if user is Corrupted.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

Chariot Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 03:50:39 PM »
Companions
Treasure Guard

Caravan Guard
Effect: Opponents gain +1 Gold instead when they would otherwise steal Gold from you.

Corrupted Living Statue

Companions:  This is way overpriced for what it is.  As far as I am aware there are only one or two cards in the entire game that steal or force you to unequal items.  So to play this card I am giving up one of my precious inventory slots so people don't steal from the other two.  Even if this card was free I would have a hard time seeing myself using it. 

Caravan Guard:  I am not a fan of this one.  Even if I would equip it (again way too expensive) I don't see this coming into play very often.  And even if it did you just spent 7 gold to save your one or two gold from getting taken but it was still worth it on the other end.  They still got a gold and that is all that really matters to them.

Corrupted Living Statue:  I like this one in concept but there are some aspects that would need to be changed, namely the cost.  While gaining rot would tie into this well, I feel it fits a bit too well.  For the player who would play this card, the cost is not really a cost for them.  Rot players are trying to get as much rot as possible and this immediately gets them almost halfway to their goal of 5 at the minimum so this would be a no brainer.  If this cost gold I think that this would prevent this card from becoming an uber powerful card for rot players.
Some people think chivalry is dead but I think it just has a really bad cold

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 04:09:57 PM »
I think you misread the first one.  It's a companion card not a treasure, it only protects your treasures from theft, not any other cards but you do have a point on how rare the the cards are.  When I came up with this one I had just finished a particularly frustrating match where somehow all three of the bots got ahold of Cat Burglar and all three of them used it on me.

Yeah, the cost might be a bit too high  but again this one goes back to the  same frustrating match.

You actually made a valid point on that last one.  Swapping out the Rot gain or maybe decreasing the amount of Rot to use it would make this card more difficult for Corruption players to use and thus balance it out.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 01:50:46 PM »
New Companion

Hired Magister
Symbol: Wyld
Cost: 3 Mana
Effect: Mana cost for spell cards is changed to Gold cost instead and 1 point is added.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »
Not sure if anyone will even pay attention to these but I have three new treasures to suggest.

Blade of Storms
Symbol: Wyld
Cost: -3 Prestige
Effect: Gain +3 Shield symbols in next fight after failing a Peril.  Gain +3 Sword symbols in next fight after escaping a Peril.  Either one will be cleared after the next fight or the next Peril.

Moon Mirror
Symbol: Moon
Cost: -3 Gold
Effect: Moon symbols burned at night in battle count as defense, explode, and gain Reflect.

Sun Gem
Symbol: Sun
Cost: -3 Mana
Effect: Sun symbols burned during the day in battle explode and gain Pierce.

AmorousBadger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 03:01:26 AM »
Companions
Treasure Guard

Caravan Guard

Corrupted Living Statue

The Leprechaun - cost : 4 gold - get a feee 'dungeon roll' every morning. Note - this is a FULL dungeon roll, complete with risk of Banes hitting you up.

Gambler cost - 2 gold - Every evening you get a 'gold roll'. You could receive 1, 2 or 3 gold. Or lose them.

Shrapnel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 11:39:27 AM »
Moon mirror and sun gem are a bit overpowered, in my opinion.

My suggestion:

1. Make the mirror reflects only as the current one is like a moon scythe combined with inverted longbow with affordable price.

2. Make the gem costs golds instead of mana and turn the pierce into reflect, because we have aflame and hand cannon. Mana costing equipment is a bit.. easy to acquire, i think.

Btw, are they treasures? They should be free of charge, if they are. :)

Oh,  try to post these in steam forum. These may get more attention. People over there are pretty creative. See the fan made characters thread, for example :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:56:54 AM by Shrapnel »

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 07:17:17 AM »
They're treasures but I took into consideration their potentially OP nature and decided that they should have a cost on top of being difficult to obtain.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 05:59:41 AM »
Concealed Dagger
Regular Item
Symbol: Moon
Cost: 5 gold
Effect: +2 swords with pierce if attacking while cloaked.