Author Topic: Older version of Armello, in multiplayer?  (Read 1863 times)

Shibuyah-kun

• View Profile
Older version of Armello, in multiplayer?
« on: December 14, 2016, 01:56:56 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic, but, I received Armello as a birthday present last week(born on the 5th), and, today, since I had finished the prologue yesterday, my little brother and I were going to try playing a multiplayer session today; however, there was a...strange issue that occured. On my side, I kept getting an error that read, "One or more players have an older version of Armello. Please ensure all players are updated.", and...uninstalling, then re-installing the game didn't change anything, either. Is it because I haven't played in Single Player, aside from the Prologue? Or, is there another issue I might not know about? :c

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
Re: Older version of Armello, in multiplayer?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 12:52:44 AM »
32 bit Operating Systems can only run Armello up to version 1.4.  Armello for 64 bit Operating systems is on 1.5.

Shibuyah-kun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 04:24:23 AM »
32 bit Operating Systems can only run Armello up to version 1.4.  Armello for 64 bit Operating systems is on 1.5.
S-seriously? D: Man...well, I guess that means multiplayer is out the question, for me, since I don't have the means to upgrade to anything better right now. That's...that's really heart-breaking to hear, after being so excited to play with my friends, and family. u u;

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 06:59:53 AM »
Yeah, I had to upgrade my 6 year old laptop to keep playing.  It performed fine still, the problem being "middleware developers" stopped having their tools work correctly in 32bit OS.  LoG would have had to "reinvent the wheel" to make stuff keep working in 32bit.

Shibuyah-kun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 06:09:43 PM »
Yeah, I had to upgrade my 6 year old laptop to keep playing.  It performed fine still, the problem being "middleware developers" stopped having their tools work correctly in 32bit OS.  LoG would have had to "reinvent the wheel" to make stuff keep working in 32bit.

While it is rather disappointing, I think it makes sense, since,it  would mean a lot of extra work to keep supporting 32-bit systems; I don't know when I'll get to upgrade, but, at least I know why I'm having the problem. u u; Thank you for letting me know about this, Ketian, I'm thankful that someone could answer my question.

Kletian999

• Backer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 02:20:37 AM »
The Armello Discord community might contain other 32 bit holdouts to play with.

Darcy Smith

• League of Geeks | Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 05:01:52 PM »
Thanks for providing some good info Kletian. Let me know if you have any questions Shibuyah-kun!

Cheers,

<3 Darcy