Author Topic: My strategy - might be useful to someone else  (Read 1135 times)

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
My strategy - might be useful to someone else
« on: December 04, 2016, 09:26:50 AM »
Typically, I avoid combat because my luck generally sucks.  But, I tend to simultaneously pursue both the Prestige Leader and Purification routes for victory.  Does not always work.  Especially if Barnaby is on the field as either another player or a bot.  That little rabbit hates me, I swear.
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"

SheaFresh

• Armello Tester
  • Lag egg
    • View Profile
    • Hitbox Channel
Re: My strategy - might be useful to someone else
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 03:08:04 PM »
A good strategy is to focus on quests, avoid combats and aggravating other players to ensure the quickest path, unless you're in the position of power in a stance. Knowing that you could aggro someone else to get a death warp back to your clan grounds for your next quest is something to keep under your hat.
go to hitbox.tv/sheafresh for my streams

Echo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 08:42:13 AM »
A good strategy is to focus on quests, avoid combats and aggravating other players to ensure the quickest path, unless you're in the position of power in a stance. Knowing that you could aggro someone else to get a death warp back to your clan grounds for your next quest is something to keep under your hat.
I tried being peaceful with this strategy so many times... and for some reason all players jumped me every single game.

Apparently doing the complete opposite however and kill all 3 players in a single round on day 2 showed them what it's like when I play like a jerk... and I won the game with prestige lead despite I went all around the map killing Guards because they oh-so-conveniently managed to stand in my path without exception.

Not sure if the fact that I play Elyssia has something to do with players just going at me first round in... but my patience got worn out and we see the results, map wiped of every living creature around me.

SBF1

• A Mystery Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:16:31 AM »
For what it's worth, in my experience Elyssia is usually important to kneecap early (if you'll excuse how gruesome that sounds), because if you let her roam around unhindered she can and will lock down as many towns as they can get to as quickly as possible, and at the start of the game that can really, really hurt everyone else's chances of making decent amounts of coin or traveling easily around the map without running into town roadblocks or mountain roadblocks.

Granted, I should be eating my hat and taking my own advice because I'm usually not one to pick a fight with other players either, even Elyssias, but still. Generally I prefer to finish up a couple quests before doing any inter-play stuff. Getting an extra point of Wits/Spirit and then some more Health or Fight is my go-to, since I typically main Thane/Magna.

Echo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 04:29:15 AM »
Yeah, I imagine people started to learn about how powerful Elyssia can get late game if not monitored... when she was first introduced I fell in love with this character for the hero power and how well balanced I can make her gameplay wise.  Early times I could go around with nobody caring but now it seems like everybody just focuses me from early on despite I showed them that I rather play my harmful cards on anything other than them.

Now my last game I learned that if I want to get anything done I need to play aggressively and take every chance I have to hinder and kill my nearest opponents because if I show mercy now, they wont after.

SBF1

• A Mystery Dungeoneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 05:49:12 AM »
Preeeeetty much, eheheh. When I first tried her out in AI matches I found her to be pretty strong, albeit the AI's... singlemindedness, to put it one way, made it less helpful than it could have been. Yesterday, though, I played a match with an Elyssia who pretty much had everyone else on the ropes for the whole game; huge trickery chains (Sana and her had three, she had one with me, and in towns she was untouchable), reinforced every town, and later on even managed to nab the Lord's Scepter. She won with, like... at least 23 prestige, it was nuts.

CrazyBob05

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 07:08:20 AM »
There are two problems with this.  One, if everyone starts using Elyssia  as their main, they'll forget about the other characters except to use them as AI punching bags.  And two, if everyone starts using Elyssia as their main, LoG may decide to nerf her.

Also, maybe it's just because I suggested some myself, but I would LOVE to see how tactics would change or what kind of tactics would be employed if some of the characters  suggested here on the forums became part of the game.  After all, each hero has their own ability and thus a different tactic is needed depending on your end-goal.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 07:14:31 AM by CrazyBob05 »
"The strength of the Wolf is the Pack and the strength of the Pack is the Wolf"